Exciting news for training professionals!
UNITAR has launched its official Training of Trainers (TOT) eLearning course, providing a comprehensive and self-paced introduction to UNITAR’s principles-based approach to training and learning design. Whether you are a seasoned trainer or just starting out, our TOT course will help you achieve your professional goals and stand out in your field. Join the ranks of successful trainers who have experienced the transformative impact of UNITAR's TOT course.
Price: 500 USD
Modality: Online & Self-paced
Who is it for?
- Leaders and professionals seeking to design and implement high-quality and effective training events.
- Trainers, educators, learning design specialists and facilitators who want to learn and apply UNITAR’s approach to training design in their work.
- Professionals working towards achieving the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) who want to improve their training skills.
- Anyone interested in discovering UNITAR's unique approach to training, regardless of their professional background.
- Institutions and organisations looking to upskill their teams, collaborators or beneficiaries in training, to maximise the impact of their projects. Here are a few examples of how we have supported institutions through our TOT course:
If you are interested in exploring how our TOT course can benefit your organisation, including pricing and different group options, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
At the end of the course, we ask learners to complete an anonymous survey and provide feedback about our course. Here are some of the reactions we have received:
“Awesome design and planning. This was perhaps the most highly effective training I have taken part in.”'
“It was a pleasure for me to take the course and I enjoyed how it was designed with interactivity, information and interest level of participants in mind. Thank you!”
“Great achievement! Shout-out to developers. I greatly enjoyed the self-learning process and the learning platform is very user friendly.”
“Congratulations! You are doing exactly what you're teaching. I liked the variety of exercises, absolutely relevant to the topic. Many thanks for the opportunity!”
“Well simplified and interesting course. Although I am an experienced Trainer, I learnt a lot of new things which will enhance my training skills.”
Why a Training of Trainers course?
Designing and implementing appropriate and effective training events is a complex skill set that is crucial for successful organisations. With UNITAR’s principles-based approach to training, our course will equip you with the tools and knowledge necessary to create and implement training events that deliver concrete results for your target audience.
What will you learn?
You will gain a deep understanding of UNITAR’s principles-based approach to training and learning design. Beginning with a foundational module, you'll explore the critical elements of effective training, including the role of a trainer, the training cycle, the basics of adult learning, and techniques for managing cognitive load during the learning process.
The following modules are structured around the ADDIE model:
- The Analysis module provides a comprehensive introduction to UNITAR's Results-Based Training approach, designed to ensure that your training interventions achieve the desired impact. This module guides you through a 4-level needs analysis process that helps you establish clear and relevant training objectives. You'll also learn valuable techniques for collecting data at each level of the process to enhance the effectiveness of your training interventions.
- In the Design and Development modules you will learn how to set results-based learning objectives and determine the most suitable instructional methods to achieve them. Through a case study, you will design a training session that follows a logical sequence of learning and carefully planned timing of activities. Additionally, you will receive valuable insights on how to develop learning materials and effective visual aids to enhance your training sessions.
- In the Implementation module you will develop the skills necessary for effective group management, public speaking, and facilitation. You will also learn how to handle difficult situations that may arise during training sessions, and you will be equipped with tools to keep the learning environment positive and productive.
- In the Evaluation module you will learn how to develop an evaluation strategy that aligns with UNITAR's Results-Based Training approach. You will learn about the importance of evaluation and its impact on the training process.
The last module of the course is dedicated to Inclusivity and Gender Mainstreaming in the training context. You will be introduced to UNITAR's approach to gender and inclusivity. By the end of this module, you will be equipped with the knowledge and skills to reduce barriers to learning and create a training environment where every learner can thrive.
Our training philosophy
Our training philosophy is human-centred and application-oriented. We empower you to become an agent of your own learning journey in order to reach your full potential. This eLearning TOT will qualify you to be a more effective and engaging trainer, capable of providing your participants with the key knowledge, skills and attitudes they need to transform their workplaces and communities.
About the learning experience
The course is designed to provide a comprehensive learning experience that combines theoretical knowledge with practical application.
Each module is structured to include conceptual summaries, interactive exercises, practice activities, reflection questions, case studies, and visual aids to ensure a stimulating and effective learning experience.
You can also take the course online or offline and access it from most devices.
Our course is not only flexible and practical, but also compliant with accessibility standards. We're committed to ensuring that all learners can access our courses. If you have any questions about accessibility, including using assistive technology and screen readers, please don't hesitate to contact us at email@example.com.
How to enrol?
- Select here to access to open the course page registration
- Create your account in the UNITAR platform or, if you already have an account, log in with your credentials.
- Proceed with the payment.
- Once the payment is accepted on the UNITAR platform, the course will be available in your personal space ‘My courses’.
If you wish to enrol members of your team or organisation, please get in touch with us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Do I need to have previous experience as a trainer?
Previous experience as a trainer is not required. This course will serve as a basis if you are interested in becoming a trainer.
If I am a trainer and have experience in designing and delivering training courses, is this course for me?
If you are a trainer already, this course may be interesting for you to familiarize yourself with UNITAR's approach to training. In order to see if the course might offer any added value to your existing set of knowledge and skills, we advise that you take a look at the detailed learning objectives in the course syllabus, to make an informed decision.
How long will it take me to complete the course?
The course requires approximately 12-15 hours of learning. This is only an estimate based on an average, so the time may vary from learner to learner. You can pause your learning at any time and your progress will be saved so that you can resume later.
What do I need to take the course?
To take this course you need a computer, laptop, tablet or smartphone. The rest of the necessary material can be downloaded from the course. If you wish, you can have a notebook and pen at hand to take notes.
Which devices and browsers are compatible with this course?
Our course can be accessed from any device that supports the following:
- Google Chrome (latest version)
- Microsoft Edge (Chromium-based, latest version).
- Firefox (latest version).
- Google Chrome (latest version).
- Safari (latest version).
- Firefox (latest version).
- Safari in Apple iOS/iPadOS (latest version).
- Google Chrome (latest version) in Apple iOS/iPadOS (latest version).
- Google Chrome (latest version) in Android OS 6 or later.
Mobile app (offline usage) - Smartphone requirements to download the app:
- iOS 11.0 or later.
- Android 5.1 or later.
- At least 100-150 MB of available storage storage.
- Font downloads enabled.
- Pop-up windows enabled.
- Font downloads enabled.
- Pop-up windows enabled.
Can I access the course offline?
You can access the course offline after downloading it to your device through the Moodle app, our learning platform. Once you've downloaded the course, you can enjoy it anytime, anywhere, without needing an internet connection. At the beginning of the course you will find a practical guide that will guide you through each step of downloading the modules and accessing them offline.
Does this course have a certificate?
Yes, the course has a UNITAR Online Certificate of Completion. In order to receive it you will need to pass the final quiz at the end of the course with a minimum grade of 70%. You will have a total of 5 attempts and you will not be timed. After each attempt, you will receive feedback on which answers were correct and incorrect.
Why does this course have a cost?
UNITAR is a non-profit project-based organisation without core funding from the UN Secretariat. This course is not free due to the regular and ongoing costs involved:
- Translations of the course, to make it accessible in as many languages as possible.
- Updating and improving course materials.
- Improving accessibility and inclusivity of the course.
- Technical maintenance of the course.
- Promotion of the course.
Does this course have a refund policy?
At the moment we are not able to offer refunds. If you need help deciding if the course is a good fit for you, feel free to read the syllabus and FAQ, or reach out to our team.
Once I make the payment, for how long will I be able to access the content?
You will have access to the course content for one year minimum. During this period you can download all available materials, including our Training of Trainers toolbox as well as job aids and templates that are shared in the various modules.
Is the course available in any other languages?
We are working on it! We intend to publish the course in many languages to make it as accessible to as many people as possible around the world.
Can I apply for a scholarship?
We have a scholarship scheme in order to make this course accessible to as many people as possible from all over the world. For each full-price enrolment, 15% of the fee goes to our scholarship scheme. This fund is used to offer the course to those who cannot afford to pay the full course fee based on their background, motivations and financial situation.
If you are interested in applying for a scholarship, please contact the Learning Solutions team (email@example.com).
Can the course be tailored to my institution?
We offer tailored packages for institutions depending on their specific needs. The course can be customised according to your organisation's branding, language needs, specific registration periods, or even face-to-face sessions. Contact our team for more information.
I have more questions, who can I contact?