- UNITAR Hiroshima Office invites you to the anniversary public forum, “Empowering Changemakers: A Force for Sustainable Futures.
- Five panellists who are active at the forefront of their fields and started as changemakers for their countries will discuss what can be done for the generation that will open a new era of empowering changemakers for sustainable futures.
- The public forum will be held at the Memorial Hall, Hiroshima Peace Memorial Museum, Hiroshima (Floor map) on 1 July 2023, 14:00 JST (UTC +9).
26 June 2023, Hiroshima, Japan – UNITAR was founded in 1963 and 2023 marks the 60th year since its establishment. This year is also important for its Hiroshima office as it celebrates its 20th anniversary since its establishment in 2003. To celebrate this milestone, UNITAR Hiroshima Office invites you to the anniversary public forum “Empowering Changemakers: A Force for Sustainable Futures” which will be held on 1 July 2023 at 14:00 (UTC +9).
Over the years, UNITAR has provided learning opportunities to changemakers who bring change to societies and communities worldwide. Learning knows no bounds. Young people are now taking the initiative and fighting for their respective advocacies. The panellists are from diverse backgrounds and will discuss the challenges and opportunities present for young people in pursuing their goals, passion and chance to make a difference in this world.
Moderator and Panellists
The forum brings together the following members::
Moderator: Nikhil Seth, UN Assistant Secretary-General, UNITAR Executive Director
- Ayano Morishita, 2015 UNITAR Youth Ambassador, Nippon Television Network Corporation
- Brishna Orya, Freelance Public Relations and Communication Advisor
- Morley Edmund Robertson, International journalist, musician and commentator
- Dai Tamesue, UNITAR Goodwill Ambassador, CEO, Deportare Partners
Details of the Forum
- Date/Time: 1 July 2023 (Saturday) 14:00 to 16:00 JST (UTC+9)
- Venue: Memorial Hall, the Hiroshima Peace Memorial Museum, Hiroshima (floor map)
- Language: English and Japanese with simultaneous translation
The forum is open to the public and free of charge, but prior registration is necessary.
Join us in this momentous event – 20 years of empowering changemakers, 20 years of building partnerships, and 20 years of impact training.
The anniversary forum is supported by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Japan, Hiroshima Prefecture, The City of Hiroshima, Mayors for Peace, Hiroshima Peace Culture Foundation, Chugoku Economic Federation, Hiroshima Keizai Doyukai, Junior Chamber International Hiroshima, and The Chugoku Shimbun.
The United Nations Institute for Training and Research (UNITAR) is a United Nations agency that promotes decision-making for a better future through training individuals and groups. Established in 1963, UNITAR reached 370,139 learners through its courses in 2021. In addition to its headquarters in Geneva, UNITAR has offices in New York, Hiroshima, and Bonn, as well as other networks around the world. UNITAR Division for Prosperity shares world-class knowledge and skills related to entrepreneurship, leadership, trade and finance, digital technologies, and disarmament. Especially from its Hiroshima Office and in training for learners from conflict and post-conflict countries, UNITAR incorporates Hiroshima’s rise from the atomic bombing to the current peaceful city as a model of reconstruction. In 2019, the UNITAR Association was established as a public support organization in Japan. It supports UNITAR through publicity and awareness-raising in Japan.