Traineeship - Learning, Sustainable Development Goals and private sector engagement
Learning, Sustainable Development Goals and private sector engagement
The Strategic Implementation of the 2030 Agenda Unit of UNITAR is supporting the holistic and evidence-based implementation of the 2030 Agenda and SDGs through training, learning, advisory services and multi-stakeholder engagement. It is designing and delivering e-learning courses, face-to-face training and stakeholder workshops, offering tailored methodological support and developing and delivering e-learning to support the mainstreaming and implementation of the 2030 Agenda in UN Member States by public, private and civil society sectors.
Learning and training offer for private sector and in particular small and medium-sized enterprises is one of the areas under development by the Unit. The traineeship is for a period of six months. In line with UN rules and regulations, trainees are gratis personnel.
The incumbent will join the team in charge of the delivery of e-learning and face-to-face training events and will have an opportunity to contribute professionally to the output while strengthening her/his knowledge and gaining practical experience. The incumbent will gain competencies in private sector approaches to integrating sustainability, as well as in training and learning methodology, technology-and enhanced learning.
Under the supervision of the Senior Specialist, Strategic Implementation of the 2030 Agenda, the trainee will be involved in the development of the learning and training services for private sector and the administration and delivery of courses and events as may be required.
- Support research and content development for learning products aimed at private sector companies related to mainstreaming sustainability and ESG reporting;
- Contribute to instructional design for new learning products and services for private sector and learning products for other audiences;
- Contribute proof-reading, text and visual editing and translations as may be relevant related to private sector and learning products for other audiences;
- Support the administration and coordination of courses and events, including logistics and communications;
- Support the coordination of the work around private sector engagement and initiatives;
- Support the development of project proposals and implementation of the planned project activities as may be applicable.
Upon completion of the programme, the incumbent will:
- Have improved skills related to the design of adult learning products and adult learning management;
- Have strengthened his/her knowledge of the SDGs and in particular good practices for private sector companies in this area;
- Gained direct experience of working within an international team of UN experts and staff.
- Contributed to the mapping of the private sector training offer and organizations for UNSDG:Learn business page;
- Maintained partnership with IOE and UN Global Compact for the implementation of the UNSDG:Learn business page;
- Supported the development of 2-3 project proposals for private sector learning on SDGs and follow up with partners and potential sponsors;
- Contributed to the design of learning products and materials, editing and proofreading for courses on SDGs for business and other partners and the drafting of communication articles;
- Supported the administration of courses and organization of webinars run by the team.
- Timeliness of deliverables;
- Partnership is well maintained through regular and timely follow up;
- Exhaustive and strategic approach to mapping of learning courses and partners;
- Innovative approaches to partnerships and fund-raising;
- Attractiveness and high quality of editing and proof-reading for produced learning and materials;
- High quality writing.
The trainee will be reporting to the Senior Specialist, Strategic Implementation of the 2030 Agenda Unit.
Education: A Master-level degree as a minimum – currently enrolled or obtained - in business or economics.
Languages: Fluent English is required. Fluent French, Spanish or other official UN language is desirable.
The trainee should be interested in working on business development and sustainability and should have strong analytical, research and drafting skills. The trainee should also possess organizational and technical skills to assist with the delivery and organization of courses, working knowledge of MS Office package and computer skills to deal with e-Learning tools.
General conditions of contracts for the service of Traineeship apply.
A monthly stipend of 900 CHF for the Geneva based trainees working in Switzerland, and up to 700 USD at other duty stations shall be paid.
As soon as possible
All applicants are strongly encouraged to apply as soon as possible after the vacancy has been posted and well before the deadline stated in the vacancy announcement.
Due to high number of expected applications, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.