Traineeship - Learning Management (e-learning, blended) and Communications
Learning management (e-elearning, blended) and communications
The Strategic Implementation of the 2030 Agenda Unit of UNITAR is supporting the holistic and evidence-based implementation of the 2030 Agenda and SDGs through training, learning, advisory services and multi-stakeholder engagement. In the context of this initiative, UNITAR is designing and delivering e-learning courses, face-to-face training and stakeholder workshops, offering tailored methodological support and developing and delivering e-learning and blended learning to support the mainstreaming and implementation of the 2030 Agenda in UN Member States by public, private and civil society sectors. In 2019, UNITAR together with UN System Staff College (UNSSC) launched a partnership initiative UN SDG: Learn that currently has 66 partners. UN SDG: Learn helps synergize and amplify the efforts of partners in the area of learning for sustainable development through One Programme, One Partnership, One Platform. Within the latter component, a gateway platform has been launched that offers learning solutions in a tailored manner to the needs of users.
The traineeship is for a period of six months. In line with UN rules and regulations, trainees are gratis personnel.
The incumbent will join the team in charge of the delivery of e-learning and blended learning events and will have an opportunity to contribute professionally to the team’s expected outputs and outcomes while strengthening her/his knowledge and gaining practical experience. The incumbent will also gain competencies in: training and learning methodology, technology-enhanced learning, and increase his/her knowledge of the 2030 Agenda and the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs).
Under the supervision of the Associate Programme Officer, Strategic Implementation of the 2030 Agenda Unit, the trainee will contribute to the e-learning delivery and administration, incl. platforms’ management, and monitoring and reporting of the events, delivery of UN SDG:Learn activities and communication and promotional activities of the Unit. The incumbent is also expected to contribute to the development of new partnerships.
- Support the development, administration, delivery, update of and reporting on the e-learning and blended training events (e-courses, online training, blended learning, webinars, learning packages, microlearning);
- Support the coordination of UN SDG: Learn activities, incl. preparation of social media posts, maintaining the back office, organizing teleconferences, supporting the working groups, etc;
- Contribute to the preparation of communication and promotional materials of the Unit and UN SDG: Learn, incl. preparation/design of infographics and flyers, drafting of articles, blogs;
- Support the development of partnerships with educational institutions, including drafting concept notes, developing PPTs, organizing meetings, ensuring follow-up, etc.;
- Support the implementation of the planned project activities as may be applicable.
Upon completion of the traineeship, the incumbent will have:
- Improved skills related to the design of adult learning products and adult learning management;
- Strengthened his/her knowledge of the SDGs and in particular sustainability competencies;
- Gained direct experience in working within an international team of UN experts and staff.
- Supported the development or updates, administration, delivery of and reporting on e-learning and blended learning (e-courses, online training, webinars, etc);
- Supported the coordination of UN SDG: Learn platform and social media accounts with 3-4 social media posts preparation on a weekly basis;
- Contributed to the development of communication and promotional materials;
- Drafted 2-3 articles;
- Contributed to the editing and proofreading of 1-2 sets of learning materials/courses on SDGs;
- Provided support to the organization of meetings, preparation of documents and follow-up on partnerships with educational institutions.
- Quality and timeliness of deliverables;
- Accurate and visually attractive developed learning and communicational materials;
- Course platforms are administered well and queries responded to on time;
- Ability to work autonomously;
- Root files of all tasks shared;
- Timely and quality communication.
The trainee will be reporting to the Associate Programme Officer, Strategic Implementation of the 2030 Agenda Unit.
Education: A first or a second-level University degree in one of the following areas: education, communication, sustainable development studies, international relations or business.
Experience: The trainee should possess organizational, analytical and technical skills to assist with the delivery and organization of courses, good editing and drafting skills, graphic design skills, and working knowledge of MS Office package and computer skills to deal with e-Learning tools. Knowledge of software as Moodle or other learning platforms, Adobe InDesign, Adobe Illustrator, Articulate Storyline is an advantage.
Languages: Fluent English is required. Fluent French or Spanish is an advantage.
A monthly stipend of 700 CHF for the Geneva based trainees and up to 500 USD at
other duty stations shall be paid.
General conditions of contracts for the service of Traineeship apply.
Please submit your application along with a motive letter as soon as possible after the vacancy has been posted and well before the deadline stated in the vacancy announcement.
Due to high number of expected applications, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.