Individual Contractor - Road Safety
Project design and management, public policy, public health, transport, urban development, training and outreach efforts
The Social Development Programme Unit (SDPU) of UNITAR provides training to local actors to enhance their capacity to achieve sustainable development in their areas of influence, with a particular focus on the Sustainable Development Goals and Agenda 2030. At the core of the training activities are workshops and seminars, many of which are implemented through a network of sixteen regional training centres for local authorities and leaders – the CIFAL Global Network – as well as e-learning courses. A major initiative of the SDPU is the Road Safety Global Training Initiative.
Under the direct supervision and guidance of the Specialist, the individual contractor shall undertake tasks related to content development, and planning of capacity building events (online and offline) of the Road Safety Global Training Initiative. This includes the provision of assistance in designing and/or rolling-out both face-to-face and online training activities, as well as organizing knowledge-sharing events.
- Support overall coordination of activities face-to-face and online
- Proactively maintain communication with different partners for implementation of activities
- Liaise with UNITAR staff as necessary (admin, procurement, finance)
- Develop concept notes and draft project proposals
- Contribute to develop content materials for training purposes
- Coordinate and implement capacity building events and workshops, both online and face to face, on road safety related topics
Outreach and Communications
- Propose actions that contribute to promote road safety activities
- Coordinate actions that contribute to increase the number of beneficiaries and users of existing learning tools
Monitoring and Reporting
- Continuously monitor project progress against established milestones and deliverables
- Compile necessary information for status reports, internal briefings as necessary
- Support the development of project reports as required
- Contribute to define metrics of project success
- Effective support coordinating the activities of the Road Safety Global Training Initiative as listed above
- Training courses -face-to-face and online- on road safety are delivered appropriately
- Satisfactory support in communicating and increasing the outreach of the Road Safety Training Initiative and learning tools
- Adequate development, organization and coordination of activities events and courses
- Successful development of concept notes, training materials and reports on road safety
- Successful development and implementation of outreach plan to increase visibility of the Road Safety Training Initiative and learning tools
- knowledge in public policy and in road safety.
- Ability to design and manage projects and build support and partnerships.
- Ability to coordinate work with multiple partners in a dynamic international environment.
- Ability to plan own work, observe deadlines and manage multiple communication workstreams.
- Good inter-personal skills and demonstrated capacity to deal with colleagues and counterparts from different backgrounds.
- Excellent communication skills, ability to articulate ideas in a clear and concise style.
The consultant will report to the Specialist, Social Development Programme Unit, Division for People.
Education: Advanced university degree (Master’s degree or equivalent) in a field relevant to public health, public policy or social sciences.
Work experience: At least 3 years of professional experience in public policy or public health field, ideally with focus on road safety, and transport. Experience in project management and coordination.
Languages: Fluency in English and Spanish is required. Good level of French or other UN working language is desirable.
Please submit your application along with a letter of motivation as soon as possible.
Due to high number of expected applications, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.