At UNITAR, we believe that every human being in the world can have a positive impact on others. We are convinced everyone has the potential to make a difference, create positive change, drive progress and contribute to making the world a better place.
As our world’s most pressing challenges are global in nature, they also require global solutions. Therefore, a critical way to make the world a better place is through strengthening the spirit of international cooperation, also known as multilateralism.
For this reason, UNITAR designed a series of trainings on the most important multilateral institution, the United Nations. They aim to empower participants with the knowledge and skills to understand the UN system, global challenges and actions anyone can take.
Our programmes further aim to foster UN values such as human rights, solidarity and respect for diversity. They lastly intend to provide a link between participants and UN staff, opening the door for you to help make a change from within the United Nations.
United Nations Immersion Programme
As part of the training activities implemented during the upcoming year, UNITAR designed further five-day field visits to Geneva. Implemented in May, July and August 2023, they offer participants the chance to fully immerse themselves into International Geneva, and thereby gain a first-hand experience of the United Nations. The programme will include:
- Workshops at the Palace of Nations
- Visits to Geneva-based UN agencies
- Career Development Sessions
For more information and to apply, please visit: United Nations Immersion Programme | UNITAR
United Nations The Hague Immersion Programme
UNITAR is delighted to offer its second edition of the UN Immersion Programme to the Hague, Netherlands in June 2023. Participants can experience the city of peace and justice through a whole series of formative learning experiences. Focussing on legal aspects and diplomatic skills, the programme will contain trainings with the following institutions:
- International Court of Justice (ICJ)
- International Criminal Court (ICC)
- Other the Hague-based UN agencies
For more information and to apply, please visit: United Nations The Hague Immersion Programme | UNITAR
United Nations Young Leaders Training Programme
There are an estimated 1.8 billion people today between the ages of 10 and 24, which is the largest generation of youth in human history. More interconnected than ever, they increasingly contribute to innovative solutions. Implemented in April, June and July 2023, the United Nations Young Leaders Online Training Programme is a 4-week e-Learning course, comprising different modules on:
- The United Nations System
- Multilateral Conferences and Diplomacy
- The Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs)
For more information and to apply, please visit: United Nations Young Leaders Training Programme.
United Nations Human Rights Council Training Programme
UNITAR is delighted to offer the next editions of the UN Human Rights Council Training Programme. Implemented in June and September 2023, this course will run in parallel to the real UN Human Rights Council in Geneva and contains the following different components:
- e-Learning modules (Human Rights, Climate Change, SDGs)
- e-workshops (Negotiation Skills, Leadership Skills for a UN Career)
- live-streamed sessions of the real UN Human Rights Council
To apply to this highly popular training, please visit: UNITAR Human Rights Council Training Programme
UN DIPLOMACY 4.0 TRAINING PROGRAMME - BEYOND THE DIGITAL FRONTIER
This year, UNITAR is delighted to announce its Diplomacy 4.0 Training Programme. Its overarching purpose is to provide participants with the knowledge and skills to tackle pressing issues at the intersection of diplomacy and technology. Participants can expect to learn:
- Distinguish key issues at the intersection between diplomacy and technology
- Explain the relationship between cyberspace and geopolitics and its effects on diplomacy
- Recognize the main use of artificial intelligence in various sectors and industries
To apply to this training programme, please visit: UN Diplomacy 4.0 Training Programme / UNITAR
Master in Public International Law - Sigmund Freud University Vienna
UNITAR is delighted to offer the Joint Master’s Programme in Public International Law with Sigmund Freud University Vienna (SFU). This programme will combine SFU´s academic strength with UNITAR´s practical focus to deepen students’ knowledge and skills in international law. In addition, all students can expect to:
- experience the UN work environment in Vienna first-hand
- build personal relations with UN experts and staff members
- benefit from tailormade UN career development sessions
- gain support and access to entry points into the UN system
To apply to this training programme's very first edition, please visit: Master in Public International Law