The Online Diploma in Multilateral Diplomacy offers a unique opportunity for both students wanting to pursue a career in international relations, and professionals working in international and regional organizations, as well as governmental and non-governmental institutions, to expand their knowledge on international affairs and strengthen their capacities in the field of multilateral diplomacy.
All courses build on UNITAR’s wealth of experience in designing and implementing training workshops on diplomacy and multilateral affairs at the country and regional levels.
Using internet-based training, UNITAR brings participants and trainers together in a unique virtual learning environment. e-Learning provides specific advantages for geographically and time constrained individuals to obtain valuable information for their day-to-day operations and future projects.
The Online Diploma is designed for government officials, diplomats, private sector specialists, practitioners in the international arena, academics, students, or any interested participants.
After completing the Diploma, students should be able to:
- Demonstrate a comprehensive, substantive and practical knowledge of the current challenges in international affairs and diplomacy;
- Perform in both bilateral and multilateral working environments with increased confidence;
- Develop analytical skills and critical thinking;
- Advance their career through the acquisition of skills that are highly valued in an international working environment.
e-Learning: The Diploma is internet-based. Courses are moderated by senior international experts, and place an emphasis on online discussions and self-paced learning.
The courses will consist of the following components:
(1) Compulsory and optional reading material, intended to teach thebasic concepts and principles of the lesson’s subject-matter;
(2) Multimedia and external links to additional books, articles, documents, and websites related to the lessons;
(3) Quizzes and case studies;
(4) Community Discussion Boards;
(5) Collaborative learning tools such as simulation exercises, webinars and chats
In order to be awarded the Online Diploma, participants are required to participate and successfully complete 4 out of 6 online courses offered by UNITAR’s Multilateral Diplomacy Programme Unit from November 2020 to May 2021. The e-Learning courses the students can choose from are:
- The Art of Speechwriting (13 February - 5 March 2023)
- Diplomacy 4.0 (10 April - 19 May 2023)
- Overcoming Negotiation Deadlocks (22 May - 18 June 2023)
- United Nations Protocol (22 May - 18 June 2023)
- Public and Cultural Diplomacy (4 September - 15 October 2023)
- United Nations Protocol (16 October - 12 November 2023)
- The Art of Speechwriting (16 October - 12 November 2023)
Current and former UNITAR participants who have successfully completed any of the above mentioned courses can validate their course and upgrade their certification by opting for the Online Diploma in Multilateral Diplomacy!
Duration and Fees
Applications are accepted on a rolling basis. Prospective participants may apply to any of the editions below.
- Registration deadline: 17 October 2022
- Dates: 17 October 2022 - 30 Jun 2023
- Fees: 2,600 USD
- Registration deadline: 13 February 2023
- Dates: 13 February 2023 - 31 December 2023
- Fees: 2,600 USD
- Registration deadline: 3 September 2023
- Dates: 3 September 2023 - 30 June 2024
- Fees: 2,600 USD
Do you have any further questions?
If you have any inquiries, please contact:
UNITAR’s Division for Multilateral Diplomacy