UNITAR's Executive Summer Programme on Innovations in Science Diplomacy will triangulate education, research and leadership. It will aim to educate the next generation of leaders in the field of science diplomacy and technology; facilitate research with questions and data that generate actions with evidence and options that contribute to informed decision-making; and provide leadership with science-diplomacy networks that build common interests across our globally-interconnected civilization.
This Programme was initiated by the Science Diplomacy Center and is run in collaboration with the Program on Negotiation at Harvard Law School, the Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT), University of Massachusetts Boston (UMass Boston), Boston University (BU), the Science Diplomacy Center and swissnex Boston.
The resource persons/trainers are experts in the field of science diplomacy and technology coming from both academic and policy circles:
- Professor Paul Berkman, Associated Fellow, UNITAR / Faculty Associate, Program on Negotiation (PON) at the Harvard Law School / Associate Director of Science Diplomacy, Harvard-MIT Public Disputes Program
- Professor Larry Susskind, Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT)
- Professor Maria Ivanova and Dean David W. Cash, University of Massachusetts (UMass) - John W. McCormack Graduate School of Policy and Global Studies
- Professor Dean Adil Najam, Boston University (BU) -Frederick S. Pardee School of Global Studies
- Mr. Jonas Brunschwig, Deputy CEO of Swissnex in Boston