Sustainability is a key element that needs to be implemented in every aspect of the environment we leave in.
For this purpose, UNITAR partnered with MLA College to launch the Master in Sustainability in Practice. Thanks to this 12 months Programme, the students will acquire the knowledge to develop and drive organizational change in the world of sustainability. The collaboration between the MLA College and UNITAR takes place within the framework of CIFAL City of London, the 25th CIFAL Center established, to promote the 17 Sustainable Development Goals and integrate them into higher education programmes.
To provide a holistic approach, the Master in Sustainability in Practice combines theory with hands-on learning by putting into practice authentic and sustainable solutions to solve the challenges faced by a workplace or a community.
Aimed at senior to mid-management this Programme is designed for leaders, managers and individuals in charge of teams or workplace sustainability.
Eager to learn, develop and drive organizational change in the world of sustainability, you will have the opportunity to undertake a 12-month research project that will explore your workplace or community challenges as well as create authentic and sustainable solutions that can be implemented.
The process will start with a planning phase. You will be asked to plot a course for creating sustainable changes to your workplace or community, and then roll your sleeves up and get on with it. This is why it is called Participatory Action Research – it is about you getting involved and taking part in the making of change, not just ‘directing traffic’. Along the way, you will explore designing evaluations, creating objectives, dealing with conflict, considering others.
You will, first-hand, create authentic and sustainable solutions to problems your working environment needs investigating to the successful achievement of at least one SDG. You might not get there fully by the end, but you will reflect upon the process and identify opportunities for future projects. However, you will have made a start, maybe a small one. But by doing so, you will have left the world of talking about sustainability behind and take active ownership of some part of a sustainable future.
Key Programme Information
- Degree: MSc Sustainability in Practice
- Language: English
- Awarding Body: University of Plymouth
- Start: January, May or September (Next start date is January 2023)
- Cost: £5,750
- Duration: 12 months
Please find more information about the Master in Sustainability in Practice on the MLA College website.
- A copy of your CV
- A suitable English language certificate, for example, an IELTS. A full list of certificates accepted can be found here. (For International students only)
- Copies of academic certificates and/or transcripts
- A copy of your passport (photo page only)
- A 200-300 word personal statement explaining your motivation for wanting to join this Programme. You may find the Guidance document helpful.
You must possess one of the below:
- Post Graduate Diploma or equivalent, in a related subject area
- Relevant work or life experience in a relevant subject area
- English language certificate. For example an IELTS score of 6.5. For a full list of English language certificates accepted click here. We will accept UK issued Certificate of Competency as proof of English language.
If you have any questions about the Master's Programme, please reach out to Ms. Belinda Payne at the following e-mail address: email@example.com.