Spring Edition: 10 Apr 2023 - 19 May 2023
Humankind is indisputably entering a new digital era. The impact of rapid technological and scientific advances on our lives is so great that World Economic Forum’s founder Klaus Schwab termed this process as the Fourth Industrial Revolution. We are the witnesses of the transcendence through new frontiers.
These new frontiers go beyond traditional understanding of every aspect of human activity. Unlike in the past, diplomacy and international affairs can no longer afford to slowly adapt to those changes as their pace demands almost business-like agility to stay abreast and relevant.
Diplomacy 4.0 is UNITAR’s answer to these new challenges. The concept explores the nexus between diplomacy and areas of artificial intelligence, cybersecurity, scientific advancements and other significant issues, paving the way for the next generation of international affairs professionals.
This year, UNITAR is delighted to announce its Diplomacy 4.0 Training Programme. Its overarching purpose is to provide participants with the knowledge and skills to tackle pressing issues at the intersection of diplomacy and technology.
The programme consists of a 6-week e-Learning course on the UNITAR online platform
The e-learning course is 6 weeks in length and encompasses an approximate workload of 6-8 hours per week. It includes weekly reading material, multimedia files as well as discussion boards exchanging views with fellow participants and instructors.
- Module 1: The Neoteric Diplomat
- Module 2: Digital and Cyber Diplomacy
- Module 3: Cybersecurity
- Module 4: Artificial Intelligence
- Module 5: Internet Governance
- Module 6: Science Diplomacy
The Diplomacy 4.0 Training Programme is aimed at introducing the concept to the wider public and raising awareness about the upcoming challenges facing diplomats and other international affairs professionals.
For this reason, the programme is mostly geared towards diplomats and foreign ministry officials. These can also include other government officials and participants from the broader diplomatic community, including private sector, civil society and academia.
In order to ensure the highest quality standards, the registration will be closed after 15 participants. Slots will be allocated on a first-come, first-served basis. At the end of the Diplomacy 4.0 Training Programme, each participant will be awarded an official UNITAR certificate.
In order to register, kindly click on the following button and follow the below steps:
- On the event page, click on "registration". The programme will the be added to your shopping cart.
- Click on the "check out" button
- Create your own profile on the UNITAR event page and fill out the required sections
- Review the correctness of all information and choose payment method: (i) credit card or (ii) bank transfer
- If you choose credit card, your payment is definite and is completed immediately on the spot
- If you choose to pay by bank transfer, your payment is not definite yet and could be delayed to a later point in time
- In either of both choices, click on complete payment. UNITAR will follow up with you via email thereafter