The United Nations Institute for Training and Research (UNITAR) has partnered with the International Anti-Corruption Academy (IACA) to launch a unique Executive Diploma in Anti-Corruption and Diplomacy that addresses the nexus and interrelation between Multilateral Diplomacy and Anti-Corruption efforts in today’s increasingly interconnected world. The modular training conducted remotely over the course of 5 months is designed to offer unique insights and reflect one-of-a-kind practical and theoretical approaches to anti-corruption and diplomacy and interdisciplinary subjects such as international relations, ethics, cyber diplomacy, negotiation skills, journalism, and more.
In order to be considered for the Executive Diploma in Anti-Corruption and Diplomacy, candidates must be fluent in English, possess a valid passport or national identity card, and have completed an undergraduate degree.
The next edition will begin on March 4, 2024.
Information for Scholarship Applicants
A limited number of scholarships covering the programme fee are available for this training.
Please mind the terms applicable to scholarships and associated responsibilities outlined in the General Terms and Conditions for Professional Training.
1. Eligibility & Selection criteria
Nationals from the following countries may be eligible:
- Least Developed Countries (LDC), as defined by the United Nations; or
- IACA Parties which are Lower-Middle and Upper-Middle-Income-Economies, as defined by the World Bank.
Scholarships will be granted on the basis of availability and a competitive selection process to individuals who have not benefited from IACA scholarships before. The selection process will take into account, in particular, the merits of the applicant in view of the scholarship holder's responsibilities stated below.
If you fulfil the eligibility criteria and agree with the rules outlined above, you may submit the request for a scholarship together with your application by stating this clearly in the Motivation Letter.
As scholarships are limited funding resources, awarded on a first-come, first-served basis, we encourage you to submit your application before 3 January 2023
Your request shall be accompanied by a detailed motivation letter (not exceeding 1,000 words), including:
- A description of your career goals;
- Reasons for your interest in the training;
- An explanation of how you intend to implement the acquired knowledge and skills gained during the training, by stating specific activities with an impact on fighting corruption that you would undertake in your home country;
- Details (full name, current position, contact details, and reference description) of at least two professional references of yours, which may be contacted by IACA;
- A statement that you will meet your responsibilities as a scholarship holder, outlined in this section.
IACA may request you to submit additional information/documentation.
The Executive Diploma in Anti-Corruption and Diplomacy is designed as an in-career programme for professionals and young professionals with a background in International Relations, Diplomacy, Anti-Corruption, or any related field, who are part of or wish to join a governmental organization, non-governmental organization or international organization involved in the field of anti-corruption or other areas where corruption may be a challenge.
Dates, Duration, and Fees
Programme Start Date: 4 March 2024
Application Deadline: 1 March 2024
Scholarship Application Deadline: 3 January 2023
Fee: 2,821.00 EUR (2,998.00 USD according to UN Operational Rates of Exchange November 2023). The fee will need to be paid in EUR.
IACA offers a limited number of scholarships for students from Least Developed Countries as defined by the United Nations, and for citizens from IACA State Parties, listed under the World Bank Classification of Countries by Income as the Lower-Middle- and Upper-Middle-Income Economies. These scholarships are highly competitive, and merit-based. Please check eligibility carefully on the IACA website of the Programme and in case of applying for a scholarship please indicate this clearly in your application.
At the end of the programme, students will be able to:
- Comprehend international anti-corruption standards and their implementation, as well as the nexus between diplomacy and anti-corruption;
- Contribute to the prevention of and the fight against corruption;
- Develop, strengthen and use diplomatic skills such as cross-cultural communication, negotiation and similar;
- Interact with and develop a strong network of international professionals;
- Apply acquired skills, knowledge and tools in their respective careers and fields of work.
The programme is conducted exclusively online, utilizing self-paced learning, instructor-led and interactive sessions, discussion forums and case studies, taking advantage of interactive tools to encourage participants towards taking active part and offering them the opportunity to learn from outstanding experts and teachers in anti-corruption and diplomacy.
Should you have any enquiries, or require support during the application process, please contact:
UNITAR’s Division for Multilateral Diplomacy
Please note that in addition to the Executive Diploma in Anti-Corruption and Diplomacy, UNITAR and IACA also offer a Master's Programme in Anti-Corruption and Diplomacy, which we invite you to learn more about, in the event it better suits your needs. We invite you to email us at the address above should you have any questions about either programme or require additional information.