04 October 2023, Geneva, Switzerland - The United Nations Institute for Training and Research (UNITAR) is delighted to announce its new partnership with the University of Groningen Business School (UGBS) and the launch of a joint Online Executive Programme on Health Protection, Humanitarian Settings, and International Law.
The programme, which is set to start in April of 2024, is primarily designed for professionals aspiring to, or already working in, Medicine, Public Health, and related fields who want to learn more about health protection in emergency and humanitarian contexts, crises, and/or armed conflict settings.
Participants of this new Executive Programme will benefit from UNITAR’s unique training expertise and pool of international experts, combined with the extensive experience of UGBS’ Faculty of Law.
By the end of this Executive Programme, participants will be able to:
- Recognize international laws related to the provision of healthcare in humanitarian settings;
- Explain policy approaches related to humanitarian medicine post-crisis and in development settings;
- Analyse environmental, societal, and ethical impact of political decisions;
- Examine the current global context and challenges healthcare workers and medical institutions face;
- Identify tensions, differences, and conflicts in international contexts;
- Apply a new understanding of healthcare and crisis settings in practice.
About UNITAR and the University of Groningen Business School
The United Nations Institute for Training and Research (UNITAR)
As the training arm of the United Nations, UNITAR’s mission since 1963 has been to help diplomats and professionals develop capacities to enhance global decision-making and to support country-level action for shaping a better future. Learn more at: www.unitar.org
The University of Groningen Business School (UGBS)
UGBS aims to support management-level professionals in further developing themselves as change leaders. UGBS’ work is based on a firm conviction that scientific insights are valuable at every stage of a professional career and focuses on both personal growth and professional performance. Learn more at: https://www.rug.nl/business-school/ or contact UGBS Programme Manager, Selma Bakker at: email@example.com
For more information about the programme, and/or to request an application, kindly email UGBS Programme Manager Selma Bakker at: firstname.lastname@example.org