- UNITAR invites young entrepreneurs in Afghanistan to apply to the Great Ideas Space 2023 Programme for Afghanistan: Food Security and Job Creation through Entrepreneurship and Innovation training programme.
- The online programme will train participants on key topics in entrepreneurship and food Security.
- Applications are open until 15 July 2023.
26 June 2023, Hiroshima, Japan - UNITAR Division for Prosperity invites entrepreneurs and innovators in Afghanistan to apply to the Great Ideas Space 2023 Programme for Afghanistan: Food Security and Job Creation through Entrepreneurship and Innovation. The programme will equip entrepreneurs with the skills needed to address issues such as food insecurity, unemployment, and social problems through innovative solutions.
The online programme is open to entrepreneurs and leaders in Afghanistan. The application deadline is 15 July 2023.
The programme will be held from July 2023 – March 2024. Upon assessment, 120 female and male entrepreneurs in Afghanistan will be selected and invited to the online training programme, which features self-paced online courses, peer-to-peer discussions, assignments, webinars by regional and international experts in the field, and a hackathon.
- Phase I of the programme will focus on “The Fundamentals of Entrepreneurship and Innovation”. Top performers will be selected for Phase II.
- Phase II will feature a self-paced e-learning course called “Leadership, Strategy and Innovation”. Participants will receive coaching and develop a comprehensive plan for their business/project. The individuals who complete Phases I and II will then move into Phase III.
- Phase III will comprise an in-person workshop where participants will collaborate to create launch-ready business plans through a hackathon. 30 top performing participants will be invited to join phase III.
*In-person activities are subject to change depending on security and travel conditions.
The programme is free and conducted with the full financial support of the Government and the People of Japan.
The programme seeks to include leaders, entrepreneurs, innovators, and agents of change who are highly motivated to address challenges in food insecurity and employment through a self-led project/enterprise. Qualified female candidates from the public, private, academic, media and civic sectors across Afghanistan are encouraged to apply.
To apply, you must have good oral and written English skills as well as access to the Internet and a computer or smartphone.
Apply for the programme by 15 July 2023.
The United Nations Institute for Training and Research (UNITAR) is a dedicated training arm of the United Nations. In 2021, UNITAR trained 370,139 learners around the world to support their actions for a better future. In addition to our headquarters in Geneva, we have offices in Hiroshima, New York, Bonn and various networks around the world.
One of the eight divisions of UNITAR, the Division for Prosperity, based in the Hiroshima Office and Geneva Headquarters, seeks to shape an inclusive, sustainable and prosperous world. World-class learning and knowledge-sharing services on entrepreneurship, leadership, finance and trade, digital technologies, and nuclear disarmament and non-proliferation are offered. We empower individuals from developing countries – especially women and young people – to address inequalities. Our alumni are making a difference in least-developed countries, countries emerging from conflict, and small-island developing states.