In partnership with relevant higher education institutions, the Online Learning and Education Unit, part of the Peace Division, has designed and implemented Master Programs and Post-Graduate Specializations focused on providing high-quality capacity-building solutions designed to ensure the right to education for all learners within the context of sustainable development. Furthermore, our learning opportunities aim at creating learning experiences meant to transform mindsets and broaden perspectives on how to visualize and achieve a sustainable impact.
We define e-learning as a means of implementing education that can be applied within varying educational models (for example, face-to face or distance education) and educational philosophies such as behaviorism and social constructivism. You can learn more about our higher education offers here.
GENERAL OBJECTIVES OF THE CONTRACT:
The consultant will support the development and facilitation of different Master Programme and Post-Graduate Certificated courses.
RESPONSIBILITIES/DESCRIPTION OF PROFESSIONAL SERVICES:
- Develop an outline with learning objectives and structure for Master Program and Post Graduate Certificate courses, in line with the UNITAR (United Nations Institute for Training and Research) and Partner Institution(s) Quality Assurance requirements.
- Develop course materials in line with the learning objectives and thematic areas covered by the courses;
- Prepare formative and summative assessments for Master Program and Post Graduate Certificate courses (ISCED level 7);
- Grade formative and summative assessments for Master Programs and Post Graduate Certificate courses in line with the grading guidelines and frameworks of UNITAR and the Partner Institution(s);
- Develop and implement synchronous and asynchronous learning tools and activities for the courses;
- Integrate comments and additional content proposed by UNITAR and the Institute’s partners.
- A minimum of 3 years of experience in the academia (field experience is considered an asset).
- Strong experience with developing, implementing and facilitating online learning courses at Master program level (ISCED level 7). And/or strong experience with course development, implementation and facilitation Master Program and Post Graduate Certificate (ISCED level 7).
- Experience with Moodle and LMS platforms.
- Experience in working on learning addressing at least one of the following thematic areas/fields of expertise: Peace and Security; Humanitarian Action and Peacebuilding; Humanitarian Development and Peacebuilding; The Triple Nexus framework; Electoral Policy and Administration; Climate Security; Global Sustainability; Leadership for Sustainable Development; The Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs); and Gender’s role in peace facilitation.
At least Master's degree.
- Fluency in English is required.
- Knowledge of other UN languages is an asset.