Individual Contractor - Data Management and IT Support
Data and information management, Information technology
The Division for Strategic Planning and Performance (DSPP) is composed of three units: the Partnerships and Resource Mobilization Unit (PRMU), the Planning, Performance Monitoring and Evaluation Unit (PPME), and the Communication and Information Technology Support Unit (CITSU).
Effective and efficient data and information management are important for any organization. With most of UNITAR’s programming stemming from engagement with donors, implementing and other partners, the number of data and information reporting requirements is significant and growing. Among its various functions, PRMU is responsible for ensuring that partnership agreements and related documents and reports are recorded timely and accurately in the Institute’s centralized repository. In its performance measurement and reporting exercises, PPME uses data provided by Programme Units, such as data on UNITAR’s outreach to beneficiaries from its training and related programming. Ensuring that such data is as accurate and complete as possible is vital for accountability and informed decision-making purposes. CITSU, through its support role to Programmes, provides assistance in solving technical problems of its clients, namely staff and other professionals of UNITAR, who use various IT platforms and infrastructures.
To support the divisional units to help ensure that data and information management is as complete, accurate and timely.
Partnerships and Resource Mobilization Unit (PRMU) (50%)
- Support the recording of partnership agreements and related information in the centralized project repository;
- Monitor the accuracy of the centralized project repository and identify missing or inaccurate information, and liaising with programme units are required;
- Monitor the functionality of the repository and support the implementation of changes as may be required to ensure that the repository is fit for purpose; and
- Perform other tasks as requested.
Communication and Information Technology Support Unit (CITSU) (30%)
- Provide first level IT helpdesk support
- Assist users for workstation and network issues
- Assist in logistics setup of videoconference and meeting
- Assist in computer setup and installing software
- Assist in updating inventory records
- Assist in documenting technical issues
- Provide administrative support
- Support logistics on IT delivery and returns of equipment
- Assist in updating website contents
- Assist users in business workflows
- Assist users in learning platform
- Perform other tasks as requested
Planning, Performance Monitoring and Evaluation Unit (PPME) (20%)
- Monitor data entry by Programme Units for timely, effective and accurate reporting;
- Provide quarterly data reports from the Events Management System highlighting data entry irregularities;
Provide other tasks as requested.
- Agreements and related documents submitted to the Unit and recorded accurately in the repository.
- Updated inventory records on an on-going basis;
- Updated list of accounts on an on-going basis;
- Functioning workstations and network issues on an on-going basis;
- An efficient support for the users as required on an on-going basis;
- Web news and other articles updated on an on-going basis.
- Quarterly and annual reports on EMS data entry provided, with irregularities recorded based on sampling of programme units and events
- 100 per cent of reports that were prepared and submitted to the Unit and recorded accurately.
- Timely and complete inventory records.
- Timely and complete administrative task.
- Updated web pages and course modules.
- First-level IT support provided in a timely-manner.
- 3 quarterly EMS data reports;
- 1 annual EMS data report.
- For PRMU, the incumbent will report to the Associate Programme officer.
- For CITSU, the incumbent will report to the IT Specialist.
- For PPME, the incumbent will report to the PPME Specialist.
Technology Awareness: Proficiency in using advanced functions on standard computer applications, notably spread sheets dealing with finance, word processing and other software applications including distance learning tools. Has experiences in basic troubleshooting Window-based computers (e.g. formatting, setup and cabling and installation. Experience in working with Moodle LMS and Drupal CM an advantage.
Professionalism: Ability to think innovatively and taking initiatives. Pride in work and achievements; strong interpersonal skills and is efficient, reliable and conscientious; can observe deadlines and achieve results; shows persistence when faced with difficult problems and challenges; remains calm in stressful situations; has demonstrated ability to multi-task; and takes responsibility for incorporating gender perspectives and ensuring the equal participation of women and men in all areas of work.
Planning and organizing: Effective time management, ability to plan own work to meet designated deadlines, adjust priorities as required. High level of judgement and discretion in accomplishing the job; ability to foresee risks, monitor and adjust plans and actions as necessary.
Communications: Strong communication (spoken and written) skills in English including the ability to draft/edit a variety of written documents; listens to others and demonstrates openness in sharing information and keeping people informed; is willing to learn from others and shares credit for team accomplishments and accepts joint responsibility for team shortcomings.
Education - University degree preferably in a field related to data management, computer science, information systems is required.
Work Experience - A minimum of two years of progressively responsible experience in data management and/or information systems is required.
Languages - Excellent oral and written communications skills in English.
Individual contractors are responsible for determining their tax liabilities and for the payment of any taxes and/or duties, in accordance with local laws. UNITAR does not reimburse Consultants for any taxes, duty, or other contribution payable by the Consultant on payments made under the consultancy contract.
UNITAR does not provide or arrange life or health insurance coverage for Individual Contractors and Consultant are not eligible to participate in the life and health insurance schemes provided by the UN for its staff members.
Candidates are invited to submit their application as soon as possible and before the deadline stated in the vacancy announcement.
Due to the high number of expected applications, only selected candidates will be contacted for an interview.