Individual Contractor - AML-CFT Instructional Design/Training Expert
Project management; training and capacity development; anti-money laundering (AML) and combatting financial crime; design, development and implementation of university accredited training and learning programmes; virtual assets and FinTech; AML Compliance, Instructional design, and eLearning methodologies.
The UNITAR Division for Prosperity delivers high-quality and effective training programmes to empower individuals, organizations, and institutions with competencies and knowledge to support their community, organization, and country. The Division delivers across six thematic areas to promote inclusive and sustainable economic growth, including: Leadership and Empowerment; Entrepreneurship and Private Sector Development, Finance and Trade, Anti-Corruption and Combatting Financial Crime; Frontier Technologies; and Hiroshima and Peace.
UNITAR’s Public Finance and Trade Programme Unit (PFTPU) is one of the training portfolios of the Division for Prosperity. The unit supports the Institute’s mission in empowering individuals, governments and organizations through knowledge and learning to effectively overcome contemporary global challenges.
Specifically, PFTPU addresses three thematic areas, Finance, Trade and Intellectual Property, with a view to develop knowledge, skills and awareness among delegates, government officials and policy makers. This is to help understand issues at hand and effectively address institutional- and country-level action to achieve development objectives.
PFTPU also develops strategic partnerships with national and international organizations as well as other renowned institutions to reach-out to more beneficiaries in a cost-effective manner and to share respective expertise and resources.
PFTPU is seeking a qualified Training Expert with extensive experience in the design, development, and delivery of training activities to strengthen capacities of compliance officials to prevent, detect, investigate, and prosecute AML/CFT violations.
The Training Expert will be involved in the design, planning, development, implementation, reporting, and expansion of training activities in Colombia and across the region. This includes:
- Conducting the development of learning pathways, certification, and micro badges, learning products and services.
- Leading the formulation and implementation of national needs assessment, strategic plans, content development, instructional design, training and learning events, and impact evaluation and reporting.
- Coordination of activities with multiple partner teams.
- Development of curriculum and instructional design of diploma courses, refresher courses, training-of-trainer courses, and inter-agency protocols and guidelines.
- Development of formative and summative assessments.
- Engaging with other relevant experts and partner institutions to strengthen quality and timely delivery of training products and services.
- Aligning all training activities with the UNITAR quality assurance framework, national academic accreditation requirements, and national and international AML compliance standards.
- Conducting monthly briefing and reporting of progress to oversight committee and other stakeholders.
- Effective and efficient teamwork, communication, collaboration and commitment across multiple partners, consultants and contractors with different priorities and timeline.
- Perform any other duties as assigned by the Division Supervisor.
- Training activities including learning products and services are developed based on identified beneficiary needs and aligned with quality assurance framework of UNITAR and other relevant international good practices.
- Training activities are delivered on time, and with the intended outcomes and impact achieved.
- Training briefings, management updates, and completion reports are compiled and submitted on time to UNITAR oversight committee.
- Administrative and internal reporting requirements are fully complied with in a timely manner.
Timely and quality submission of deliverables; activities implemented with a high degree of effectiveness and efficiency; demonstrating a high degree of professionalism, autonomy and contributing to the full achievement of project objectives and increase in the professional image of the Institute.
Professionalism: Good to excellent understanding of thematic fields related to anti-corruption, anti-money laundering and combatting financial crime, development of compliance handbook, monitoring of suspicious activities, risk management, digital assets, FinTech, and finance and trade. Shows pride in work and in achievements; demonstrates professional competence and mastery of subject matter; is conscientious and efficient in meeting commitments, observing deadlines and achieving results; is motivated by professional rather than personal concerns; shows persistence when faced with difficult problems or challenges; remains calm in stressful situations; takes responsibility for incorporating gender perspectives and ensuring the equal participation of women and men in all areas of work.
Teamwork: Works collaboratively with colleagues to achieve organizational goals and solicits input by genuinely valuing others’ ideas and expertise; is willing to learn from others; places team agenda before personal agenda; supports and acts in accordance with final group decision; shares credit for team accomplishments and accepts joint responsibility for team shortcomings.
Planning and Organizing: Develops clear goals that are consistent with agreed strategies; identifies priority activities and assignments; adjusts priorities as required and allocates appropriate amount of time and resources for completing work; foresees risks and allows for contingencies when planning; monitors and adjusts plans and actions as necessary; uses time efficiently; ability to follow up on work-plan.
Client Orientation: Considers all those to whom services are provided to be “clients ” and seeks to see things from clients’ point of view; establishes and maintains productive partnerships with clients by gaining their trust and respect; identifies clients’ needs and matches them to appropriate solutions; monitors ongoing developments inside and outside the clients’ environment to keep informed and anticipate problems; keeps clients informed of progress or setbacks in training; meets timeline for delivery of products or services to client.
Interpersonal competencies: Able to communicate and interact effectively with all stakeholders; is able to work both independently and as part of a team; is able to work under pressure and with limited resources; demonstrates high level of discipline.
Education: University degree in one of the following fields: higher education, education and training, project management, information systems, finance, business administration, economics, international development, anti-money laundering (AML), anti-corruption and combating financial crime, training and capacity development, or any other related field.
Experience: Proven experience at the national or international level in training and research. Relevant experience in research, design and development of training projects related to combatting anti-money laundering and combating financial crime. Work experience with UN or other international/donor agencies is an asset.
Additional desirable competencies: Has a good to excellent understanding of learning methodologies, digital learning technologies, and adult learning theories.
Language Requirement: Fluency in oral and written Spanish (native/bilingual proficiency) and English language is mandatory; working level of other UN languages is an asset.
Other: Knowledge of basic gender and inclusivity concepts; excellent computer skills (Microsoft Office Suite) are required.
UNITAR shall place no restrictions on the eligibility of men and women to participate in any capacity and under conditions of equality in its principal and subsidiary organs (Charter of the United Nations - Chapter 3, article 8). Priority will be given to the applicants based in Bogota, Colombia.
Please submit your application along with a motivation letter as soon as possible and well before the deadline stated in the vacancy announcement.
Due to the high number of expected applications, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.