!!! Only UPEACE - UNITAR students enrolled in MA in Development Studies and Diplomacy programme can register for this activity !!!
UNITAR is an autonomous institution within the United Nations system with a mission to deliver innovative training and conduct research on knowledge systems to develop the capacities of its beneficiaries. As the training arm of the United Nations, UNITAR’s mission is to develop capacities to enhance global decision-making and to support country level action for shaping a better future.
The University for Peace (UPEACE) is an institution of higher education dedicated to the study of peace. Created by UN General Assembly Resolution 35/55, the University for Peace has been training leaders for peace for the past four decades. Through its Master’s and Doctoral degree programmes, UPEACE trains future leaders to explore and formulate strategies and practices in various contexts to address the causes of multiple problems affecting human and global wellbeing, and thus contribute to the processes of peacekeeping and peacebuilding.
From the UPEACE-UNITAR field visit, participants can expect the following:
- Attend lectures from policy practitioners and decision-makers
- Visit UN facilities in Geneva, including UNHCR, WTO and others
- Experience of a real UN conference at one of the UN facilities in Geneva
- Private Guided Tour of the United Nations Headquarters in Geneva (UNOG)
- Network with high-level officials, UN personnel and diplomats