1. ARE THERE SCHOLARSHIPS AVAILABLE FOR THE MASTER IN HUMANITARIAN ACTION AND PEACEBUILDING?
Not at the moment, however, there is a possibility to pay the tuition fee in different instalments. More information can be found here.
2. IS THE MASTER IN HUMANITARIAN ACTION AND PEACEBUILDING A PART-TIME PROGRAMME?
Yes, MAHAP was designed to be a part-time programme. MAHAP is usually studied over 30 months. Being part-time, it allows you to remain in the field working whilst completing your studies. However, you can extend your studies if needed and take up to 5 years to complete it. Or finish it in 24 months if you can take time off work to complete the course.
3. WHAT ARE MAHAP’S ENTRY REQUIREMENTS?
The programme is open to all candidates who fulfil at least one of the following conditions:
- hold an approved honours degree (or equivalent) at 2:1 or above in a relevant discipline, and preferably some experience in the field of humanitarian action and peacebuilding or related fields;
- hold a relevant recognised diploma and/or certified professional qualification and 3 to 5 years' experience in humanitarian action and peacebuilding or related fields;
- have substantial and proven field experience (minimum 10 years) in humanitarian action, peacebuilding and related fields.
In exceptional circumstances, where applicants can show that they have qualifications or experience or both that demonstrate that they have knowledge and capabilities equivalent to those listed above, they may be admitted onto the course.
4. IS MAHAP AN EXCLUSIVELY ONLINE PROGRAMME?
The programme is 100% online conducted via webinars, tutorials, discussions and group work. The workload per module is estimated to be 200 hours per module divided into four types of activities.
Around 25 % of your time will be spent in staff-led activities such as webinars, tutorials and discussions, 25% of your time will be spent in self-led activities such as readings or independent exercises, another 25 % will be used in preparing your assignments and finally the remaining quarter of your workload will be directly derived from or based on professional past of current practices.
5. HOW MUCH IS MAHAP’S TUITION FEE?
The fee for 2021/2022 is GBP 9,400.
6. I CANNOT FIND THE ANSWER TO MY QUESTION, WHO CAN I CONTACT?
United Nations Institute for Training and Research (UNITAR)
Division for Peace
Avenue de la Paix 7 bis, CH 1202, 2 Geneva, Switzerland