In today’s globalized and increasingly complex world, multilateral dialogue and cooperation grows more essential. As such, the nexus and interrelation between Diplomacy and Anti-Corruption efforts is now more important than ever. In this regard, the United Nations Institute for Training and Research (UNITAR) has partnered with the International Anti-Corruption Academy (IACA) to launch the one-of-a-kind Master’s in Anti-Corruption and Diplomacy (MACD), a modular postgraduate academic degree conducted over the course of 18 months. The MACD offers a rigorous, diverse, and innovative anti-corruption and diplomacy curriculum, reflecting a variety of academic disciplines and cross-cutting themes relating to economics, ethics, international law, digital and cyber diplomacy as well as essential skills for an international career such as leadership, negotiation skills, and public speaking.
The Master’s in Anti-Corruption and Diplomacy is designed as an in-career programme targeted to those holding an undergraduate degree with a background in International Relations, Diplomacy, International Law, Anti-Corruption, or any related field. The programme will equally benefit professionals with existing experience from these fields.
At the end of the programme, students will be able to:
- Better apprehend the nexus between diplomacy and anti-corruption;
- Contribute to the prevention of and the fight against corruption;
- Develop, strengthen and use research, drafting and analytical skills;
- Interact with and develop a strong network of international professionals who can assist them both during and after their studies;
- Apply acquired skills, knowledge and tools in their respective careers and fields of work.
The programme is conducted in a blended format with a mixture of campus-based and online events, utilizing lectures, case studies, interactive sessions, group work and stakeholder discussions, and offering the opportunity to study under some of the world’s most renowned experts in anti-corruption and diplomacy.
Duration and fees
Starting date: 20 September 2021
Fee: € 17,900.00