Master in International Affairs and Diplomacy and related qualifications
Download the brochure
In an increasingly interconnected, globalized and complex world, where the importance of multilateral dialogue and cooperation is ever growing, the demand for training and capacity development in the field of international affairs and diplomacy is constantly rising. In this regard, the establishment of this innovative on-line Master in International Affairs and Diplomacy as well as the Post-Graduate Certificate in World Studies and the Post-Graduate Certificate in Diplomacy Practice between the United Nations Institute for Training and Research (UNITAR) and the Open University of Catalonia (UOC) holds great significance.
These Programmes are designed to be perfectly suited to the needs of students and full-time professionals interested in both developing essential knowledge for understanding international affairs, as well as strengthening their capacities in the practice of diplomacy.
The Degrees will allow diplomats, government officials, students and other stakeholders to upgrade their studies and knowledge with a formally recognized degree combining the best of university education and UN executive training.
By the end of the programme, participants will :
- Gain critical understanding of key issues and concepts in world affairs and international relations as well as practical knowledge they could leverage in their professional project
- Master analytical skills and critical thinking
- Be able to perform in both bilateral and multilateral working environments with increased confidence
- Advance their careers in joining a broad group of alumni across the world.
The design and training methodologies devote particular attention to:
- Full online delivery, allowing for a flexible schedule designed to fit the specific needs of full-time working professionals;
- Student-centered approach, in which the learner and the learning experience at the core of the programme;
- Leading-edge insights into prevailing theories and practices;
- Lifelong learning approach, in which the workplace is used as the main learning environment;
- Multi-cultural pedagogy, particularly attentive at the diversity of paradigms, perceptions and intellectual traditions;
- Multi-disciplinary approach.
The maximum duration of the Master in International Affairs and Diplomacy and the Post-Graduate Certificates in World Studies and Diplomacy Practice shall be of 4 semesters (part-time). The minimum duration of the three programmes shall be of 2 semesters (full-time).
Starting date: 14-03-2018
For the Master in International Affairs and Diplomacy: $8,300
For the Post-Graduate in Diplomatic Skills and the Post-Graduate in World Studies: $4,300
Do you have any further questions?
Please contact email@example.com or check our web page to know more about the Master and for online registration. You can find more information on the Post-Graduate Certificate in World Studies; and on the Post-Graduate Certificate in Diplomacy practice on our online catalogue.