In 2019, the meeting of the High-level Political Forum on Sustainable Development, convened under the auspices of the Economic and Social Council, will be held from Tuesday, 9 July, to Thursday, 18 July 2019; including the three-day ministerial meeting of the forum from Tuesday, 16 July, to Thursday, 18 July 2019.
The Division for Sustainable Development Goals, UN Department of Economic and Social Affairs (UN DESA/DSDG) and the United Nations Institute for Training and Research (UNITAR) are organizing the 2019 edition of the SDGs Learning, Training & Practice – a series of capacity building and knowledge workshops held at the HLPF, featuring speakers and experts from academia and other sectors on crucial topics related to the implementation of the SDGs under review in 2019. This year's theme will be "Empowering people and ensuring inclusiveness and equality". The set of SDGs to be reviewed in depth will be the following.
• SDG 4: Ensure inclusive and equitable quality education and promote lifelong learning opportunities for all
• SDG 8: Promote sustained, inclusive and sustainable economic growth, full and productive employment and decent work for all
• SDG 10: Reduce inequality within and among countries
• SDG 13: Take urgent action to combat climate change and its impacts
• SDG 16: Promote peaceful and inclusive societies for sustainable development, provide access to justice for all and build effective, accountable and inclusive institutions at all levels
• SDG 17: Strengthen the means of implementation and revitalize the global partnership for sustainable development.
The SDGs Learning, Training & Practice sessions will offer 9 different sessions, taking place between 9 - 12 July 2019, at United Nations Headquarters, New York. Each course will last three hours with morning sessions from 10am to 1pm and afternoon sessions from 3 pm to 6 pm. The courses will run in parallel to the HLPF formal meetings.