UNITAR TICAD VI Side Event
Capacity Development for African Youth: Lessons Learnt and Future Prospects
On the occasion of the TICAD VI Summit in Nairobi, Kenya, the UNITAR Hiroshima Office is organizing a side event inviting experts and youth representatives engaged in capacity development in Africa. Focusing on “Capacity Development for African Youth: Lessons Learnt and Future Prospects” the aim of this side event is to review the lessons learnt from capacity development activities undertaken to date by multiple organizations, as well as explore the challenges and successes that several young African entrepreneurs have faced in Africa. Using this as a foundation, the session will then explore the future prospects for capacity development of Africa’s youth.
Speakers (Alphabetical Order):
- Ms. Izeduwa Derex-Briggs, Regional Director for Eastern and Southern Africa, UN Women
- Dr. George Kosimbei, Director of the Chandaria Business Innovation and Incubation Centre, Kenyatta University
- Ms. Mihoko Kumamoto, Head of Hiroshima Office, UNITAR
- Ms. Peggy Mativo, Founder, PACEMaker International
- African Development Bank (TBC)
Location: Magadi Room, Atrium Floor, Laico Regency Hotel, Nairobi, Kenya
Date: Saturday 27 August 2016
Time: 16:00 to 17:30
Registration: Please email email@example.com with your name and affiliation.