Writing reports and other kinds of documents is one of the immediate follow-up tasks of participation in intergovernmental conferences, meetings and negotiations. This task is extremely time-consuming even more so for the conference delegate who does not possess appropriate tools or does not apply a comprehensive methodology. A successful report depends firstly on the specific body of knowledge which the writer possesses and secondly on specialized techniques which allow the written transfer of that knowledge to be as smooth and as effective as possible. Good and effective statements, reports and other written documents leave no opportunity for the reader to miss or misunderstand any facts or arguments.
To formally apply, kindly send your updated CV and passport ID page to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Note: Participation is on a first come, first served basis, and applications will be closed once we have reached the maximum number of participants and reopened only where an accepted participant cancels.
After this workshop the participants will be able to:
- Discern different forms and styles of diplomatic writing and reporting in multilateral diplomacy;
- Utilize open sources for diplomatic reporting including Meetings Coverage, Summary Records, Process Verbal and other sources;
- Improve the record and summary of results of an international conference/meeting for the national ministry/ department/agency concerned with the outcome;
- Analyze internationally agreed instruments and required national follow-up;
- Sustain the work of their governments in international conferences and negotiations.
The methodology of this course will include:
- Interactive Presentations
- Group discussions
- Evaluation and discussion of practical guidelines
- Skills development exercises
This course is primarily open to:
- Members of Permanent Missions accredited to the United Nations Office at Geneva,
- Delegates of Ministries of Foreign Affairs and other government officials,
- Representatives of international, intergovernmental and non-governmental organizations and Diplomatic academies.
- Professionals from the private sector are equally invited to benefit from this workshop.
Participants who have attended all the sessions will receive a certificate of participation.
For more information, please write an email to email@example.com or call +41 (0)22 917 88 10 or visit www.unitar.org/cdt