In Asia and the Pacific region, there are large disparities between countries in technology and innovation. A number of low-income countries continue to be challenged with respect to development and adoption of innovative environment-related technologies. On the other hand, the Asia-Pacific region is a home to some of the most innovative countries in the world. Technology flows, however, are mostly dominant between developed countries. Thus, it is important to bridge the gap by strengthening regional cooperation for the promotion of clean and environmentally sound technologies to enable technologically deprived countries to take advantage of those technologies to mitigate the environmental risks and to foster green growth in the region.
The event aims to offer a venue to exchange knowledge and best practices in relation to environmental measures and development issues.
By the end of the training, participants will be able to:
- Raise awareness on the value of development, transfer, and adoption of environmentally sound technologies in the context of the 2030 agenda for sustainable development;
- Understand the linkage between policy actions and the conditions for successful promotion of environmentally sound technologies;
- Expand networks and identify partners with expertise to assist governments to improve their practices.
The event is comprised of three modules:
- Module 1: Environment, Technology, and Sustainability (Overview)
- Module 2: Changing Context of Technology Transfer
- Module 3: Policy Frameworks for Environmentally Sound Technologies and Technology Transfer
Government officials and professionals with interest in sustainable development