UNITAR-Yale Environment & Democracy Initiative
Addressing the growing demand for research, teaching and capacity building in the field of democratic environmental governance
- to support research on the relationship between democratic institutions, civil society, market entities and environmental quality, with a focus on empirical data generation;
- to inform development of guidance and support capacity development in government and civil society to enhance effective public participation in environmental decision-making; and
- to facilitate information exchange and networking on key issues of environment and democracy.
- 2nd UNITAR-Yale Conference on Environmental Governance and Democracy, September 17-19, 2010, Yale University, New Haven
- 1st UNITAR-Yale Conference on Environmental Governance and Democracy, May 10–11, 2008, Yale University, New Haven
- Side Event at the Intergovernmental Preparatory Meeting to 15th Session of the United Nations Commission on Sustainable Development (CSD-15) New York, 2 March 2007 on “Effective Stakeholder Participation in Reaching Sustainable Development and CSD 15 Goals: Identifying Opportunities and Challenges for Capacity-building in Consolidating Democracies".
- Side Event at the 16th Session of the United Nations Commission on Sustainable Development (CSD-16), New York, 13 May 2008 on “Strengthening Effective and Equal Stakeholder Participation: Discussing the outcomes of the UNITAR-Yale Environmental Governance and Democracy Conference”.