Instructional design (Consultant) - Home-based
Fees: to be defined in accordance with competences and experience of the candidate (payment for the finished product).
Overview (quick description of the funded project and its context)
The Strategic Implementation of the 2030 Agenda Unit is part of UNITAR’s Division for Satellite Analysis and Applied Research. The Unit is supporting the holistic and evidence-based implementation of the 2030 Agenda and SDGs through training, learning, advisory services and multi-stakeholder engagement. In the context of this initiative, UNITAR is designing and delivering training and stakeholder workshops, offering tailored methodological support and developing and delivering e-learning to support the mainstreaming and implementation of the 2030 Agenda in UN Member States.
UNITAR is partnering with several UN Agencies and other organizations to design and develop e-learning related to mainstreaming and implementation of the 2030 Agenda and the SDGs at the country level.
General objectives of the contract
Under the supervision of Senior Specialist, Strategic Implementation of the 2030 Agenda Unit, the consultant will support the instructional design and technical development of e-learning courses and microlearning.
Responsibilities/description of professional services
- Develop an outline with learning objectives and the structure for e-learning courses according to the Quality Assurance Framework of UNITAR;
- Develop a learning design architecture and a storyboard for the interactive e-learning course modules;
- Implement interactive lessons using authoring tools and graphic design programmes, incl. voice-over;
- Prepare formative and summative assessments for e-learning courses;
- Develop and implement microlearning (e.g. videos, podcasts, micro- and nano-courses) using authoring tools and respective programmes per microlearning;
- Integrate comments and additional content proposed by UNITAR and the Institute’s partners.
Measurable outputs/deliverables/schedule of deliverables
- Number of e-learning courses with a defined study time developed and implemented in a professional manner
- Number of microlearning products developed
Performance Indicators for evaluation of results
- Well-structured content aligned with learning objectives and in compliance with the Quality Assurance Framework of UNITAR.
- Effectiveness of learning design and products in enabling leaners to achieve learning objectives.
- Visual attractiveness of learning products.
- Creative approach in developing storyboards and lessons.
- Good time management and timeliness of deliverables.
Reporting structure (name of direct supervisor)
The consultant will report to the Senior Specialist, Strategic Implementation of the 2030 Agenda Unit.
- A minimum of 5 years of experience in Instructional Design/Adult Learning/Education Technology;
- Strong experience with developing learning design architecture and writing story boards, and knowledge of design and authoring tools, programmes and software (e.g. Articulate Storyline, Rise, Adobe Suite, PowerPoint). And/Or strong experience with design and authoring tools, programmes and software such as Articulate Storyline, Rise, Adobe Suite, as well as video and animation software such as Adobe Captivate, GoAnimate, etc.
- Experience with Moodle and LMS platforms.
- Fluency in English is required.
- Experience in working on learning addressing public policies in social, economic or environmental areas or in governance is an advantage.
- Knowledge of other UN languages is an asset.
As soon as possible.
General conditions of contracts for the service of consultants and individual contractors apply.
Please send your CV, motivation letter and the following materials to firstname.lastname@example.org:
- Extracts of storyboard layouts providing an example of a pedagogical solution for a specific bit of content;
- Examples of graphic design implemented in authoring tools, animations, infographics, etc;
- Examples of movie, animation,... if available.