Vacancy Announcement – UN CC:Learn Web Content Internship/Traineeship
Organizational Unit: Green Development and Climate Change Programme
Duration of contract: 6 months
Indicative starting date: 15 April 2018
Duty Station: Geneva, Switzerland
Deadline for Application: 20 March 2018
UNITAR’s Green Development and Climate Change Programme (GCP) develops the capacities of individuals and training institutions in developing countries to implement the United Nations Framework Convention on Climate Change (UNFCCC) and to advance green and climate resilient development. It offers a range of services, including executive training, institutional capacity development, support for national learning strategies, learning methodology development, and knowledge-sharing. Activities are carried out through partnerships with other UN organizations, bilateral development partners, as well as leading learning institutions and think tanks. The Programme also hosts the Secretariat for UN CC:Learn, the One UN Climate Change Learning Partnership (www.uncclearn.org). UN CC:Learn is a collaborative initiative of more than 30 multilateral organizations supporting countries to design and implement systematic, recurrent and results-oriented climate change learning.
The Intern/Trainee will support the communication activities of the UN CC:Learn partnership, notably with regard to the maintenance of the websites and to the development and uploading of content, as well as outreach. The intern will also contribute to the updating and development of UN CC:Learn learning products.
Specific working areas will include
- Develop English and French content for the UN CC:Learn and UN CC:e-Learn websites;
- Upload content and resources to the UN CC:Learn knowledge sharing platform;
- Support the English-French/French-English translation of content;
- Provide technical support to the UN CC:e-Learn alumni;
- In coordination with IT, implement new and existing services and technologies;
- Optimize website by capturing and analyzing the appropriate data/metrics;
- Support the overhaul of the UN CC:Learn introductory e-learning course on climate change;
- Support the development/updating of UN CC:Learn learning resources;
- Provide background-research and support to meeting organization, as relevant;
- Provide day-to-day support to the UN CC:Learn team;
- Support other activities of the Green Development and Climate Change Programme, as necessary.
After completion of the Internship/Traineeship with UNITAR the Intern/Trainee will be able to:
- Describe the activities of the One UN Climate Change Learning Partnership (UN CC:Learn);
- Present challenges and opportunities in the field of climate change education;
- Prepare and implement a content strategy for a worldwide UN programme;
- Apply instructional design principles in the development of a climate change learning product;
- Provide suggestions on how to enhance people’s learning experience and meet alumni needs;
- Explain UN initiatives on climate change;
- Understand the UN working environment and internal processes.
The Intern/Trainee should demonstrate an interest for working in the field environment and climate change. The applicant should have knowledge in the field of web content development and maintenance, with good skills in editing and creating engaging content to meet quality and accuracy standards. Ability to work with learning management systems and software (e.g. Storyline) is a clear asset. The Intern/Trainee should have completed a bachelor’s degree.
Fluency in both written and spoken English and French with excellent writing skills. Proficiency in other UN languages would be an advantage.
Interns are not considered as staff members and shall not represent the Institute in any official capacity.
How to apply
Send your CV and motivation letter to email@example.com indicating “UN CC:Learn Internship/Traineeship” in the subject line.
General conditions of contracts for the service of Internship or Traineeship apply. The intern / trainee will be hosted on UNITAR-Geneva premises. In order to cover transportation and other miscellaneous costs during the internship / traineeship, a monthly lump-sum of CHF 700 will be paid.