Vacancy Announcement – Traineeship - Human Resources Administration
(No need to re-submit your application if you’ve already applied for this position)
Unit/Department: Human Resources Unit (HRU), Division for Operations
Date of issuance: 20 July 2018
Deadline for applications: 19 August 2018
Duty station: Geneva, Switzerland
Duration of contract: 6 -12 months (full-time)
Contract type: Traineeship
General Objectives of the Contract
Under the supervision of the Human Resources Specialist, the incumbent will assist in recruitment and contract management, human resources administration, and staff development.
Responsibilities/Description of Professional Services
- Assist in smooth functioning of HRU by providing general office support, producing a variety of routing correspondence, reports, creating and maintaining files and databases, managing office supplies and equipment;
- Assist in recruitment by preparing vacancy announcement, reviewing applications, maintaining rosters, and presenting documentation to the Appointment and Promotion Board;
- Assist in contract management by reviewing contract requests, preparing contracts, processing evaluations for Fellows, Consultants, Individual Contractor, Interns, Trainees, and Collaborators;
- Assist in human resources administration by reviewing requests for UN ID cards, magnetic badges, carte de legitimation, UN Laissez-passer and UN certificate;
- Assist in human resources administration by preparing attestations/certificates for Staff, Fellow, and Collaborators;
- Assist in absence management for Fellows by maintaining paper version of Time and Attendance cards;
- Assist in UNITAR Staff development and career support training by reviewing staff training requests, organizing training sessions, providing logistics and administrative support to trainers, and preparing training certificates;
- Assist in other activities in HRU as required.
- To gain knowledge on Organization’s human resources policies, procedures and practices;
- To improve planning and organizational skills to be able to handle a large volume of work in an efficient manner;
- To improve communication skill and develop client orientation approach while working with staff at large.
Candidates should hold at least a university-level degree (Bachelor’s degree, licence or other) either in human resources, business management, law, social science, public management, or a related subject.
Candidates should also have:
- Ability to write in a clear and concise manner;
- Administrative and organizational skills to assist in daily office work;
- Computer skills (to deal with word processing, excel, power point, internet search, etc.);
- A high level of individual responsibility, commitment and initiative.
Fluency in oral and written English and French; knowledge of Spanish will be an asset.
How to apply
All applicants are strongly encouraged to apply as soon as possible after the vacancy has been posted and well before the deadline stated in the vacancy announcement.
Please send your CV and motivation letter to email@example.com with following subject line: “HRU – HR Management Traineeship”. Only successfully selected candidates will be contacted by end July 2018.
Costs and arrangements for travel, visas, accommodation, and living expenses are the responsibilities of trainees and their sponsoring institutions.
In order to cover transportation or other miscellaneous expenses during the traineeship, a monthly lump-sum of 700 CHF will be provided by UNITAR.
Trainees are not considered as staff members and shall not represent the Institute in any official capacity.