What is Rite4Africa?
A transformative leadership program that:
- Takes leaders through a personal transformation journey
- Equips leaders for participatory societal development and transformation.
- Meets the goals of the African Union Agenda 2063.
Nurturing participatory development and collaboration, through people’s inclusion and sound cross-sectoral partnerships for implementing key projects that help realize the Pan African Vision.
Pan African vision:
“An integrated, prosperous and peaceful Africa, driven by its own citizens, representing a dynamic force in the international arena”.
- Government officials
- Civil society and NGOs’ representatives
- Private sector organizations’ leaders
Greater focus on Least Developed Countries (LDCs).
Favouring women and youth participation
Rite4Africa – What We Offer
Transformation from the inside out
- Transformation starts with the individual.
- The power and commitment of the African people will transform the continent.
- Synergy through effective partnerships produces exponential results.
- Participatory development and collaboration, along with improved implementation capacity on key projects can help realize the Pan African Vision.
Appreciating the vastness and diversity of Africa
- Africa has 54 countries, over 1.2 billion people and over 1500 unique cultures and languages.
- Africa’s diversity is a real strength for achieving its true potential.
- Rite4Africa encourages the unveiling and appreciation of Africa’s diversity, and harnessing it for creating transformative initiatives.
Shared leadership and engagement
- Experiential and engaging learning process.
- Participants co-design the program and find solutions that work best for them.
- Shared leadership approach empowers participants to replicate the program in their communities.
- Rite4Africa serves as a working consortium for key stakeholders involved with community and economic development projects.
Spaced learning for greater effectiveness
- Semi-structured program with flexible and adaptable content.
- Customized to the specific needs and contexts.
- Ten face-to-face delivery days over a period of six months.
- Intervals to consolidate learning, networking and collaboration on key projects.
|Transformative dialogues||Project prototyping||Performance optimization|
|PROGRAM START||AFTER 8 WEEKS||AFTER 6 MONTHS|
A Private–Public Partnership
Sources of Funding
UNITAR is a project-based organization, supported by voluntary contributions from
- Intergovernmental organizations
- Non-governmental sources such as foundations and the private sector
- Initial 6-year period; Q4 2017 till Q3 2023 which is the end of the first Ten-Year Implementation Plan of Agenda 2063.
- Q4 2023: Undergo a major review and updated for relevance to the second Ten-Year Implementation Plan (2024 – 2033) of Agenda 2063
- Changed mindsets and improved transformative leadership capacity.
- Stronger alignment with a common vision for societal transformation across sectors.
- Improved policy making for sustainable development.
- Stronger advocacy for women and youth empowerment.
- Strengthened democratic institutions and participatory leadership.
Manager, Knowledge Systems Innovation
Collaborator, Knowledge Systems Innovation
Tel: +41 22 917 8471; Fax: +41 22 917 8047
We look forward to partnering with you