Vacancy Announcement – Internship/Traineeship - UN CC:Learn Web Content
Organizational Unit: Green Development and Climate Change Programme
Deadline for Applications: 25 May 2018
Duty Station: Geneva, Switzerland
Duration of contract: 6 months
UNITAR’s Green Development and Climate Change Programme (GCP) develops the capacities of individuals and training institutions in developing countries to implement the United Nations Framework Convention on Climate Change (UNFCCC) and to advance green and climate resilient development. It offers a range of services, including executive training, institutional capacity development, support for national learning strategies, learning methodology development, and knowledge-sharing. The Programme hosts the Secretariat for UN CC:Learn, the One UN Climate Change Learning Partnership (www.uncclearn.org), which is a collaborative initiative of more than 30 multilateral organizations supporting countries to design and implement systematic, recurrent and results-oriented climate change learning.
The Intern/Trainee will support the content management and communication tasks of the UN CC:Learn partnership, notably with regard to the maintenance of the websites and to the development and uploading of content. The intern/trainee will also contribute to the development of communication products and provide support to the management of the UN CC:Learn blog and social media.
Specific working areas will include:
- Develop appealing English and French content for the UN CC:Learn and UN CC:e-Learn websites;
- Upload content and resources to the UN CC:Learn knowledge sharing platform;
- Support the English-French/French-English translation of content;
- Provide technical support to the UN CC:e-Learn alumni;
- In coordination with IT, develop digital content strategy and roll-out revamp of the knowledge-sharing platform;
- Collect data/metrics to analyze knowledge-sharing platform’s performance;
- Support the management of the UN CC:Learn blog and social media;
- Support the development/updating of UN CC:Learn learning resources and provide background research support, as relevant;
- Provide day-to-day support to the UN CC:Learn team;
- Support other activities of the Green Development and Climate Change Programme, as necessary.
After completion of the Internship/Traineeship with UNITAR the Intern/Trainee will be able to;
- Describe the activities of the One UN Climate Change Learning Partnership (UN CC:Learn);
- Present challenges and opportunities in the field of climate change education and training;
- Prepare and implement a content strategy for a worldwide UN programme;
- Provide suggestions on how to enhance people’s learning experience and meet alumni needs;
- Present key UN initiatives on climate change;
- Understand the UN working environment and internal processes.
- Sound knowledge of environment and climate change issues;
- Excellent writing, editing and communication skills;
- Ability to communicate ideas clearly and in an engaging way;
- Knowledge of web content development and maintenance, as well as social media management, an advantage;
- The Intern/Trainee should have completed a bachelor’s degree in a relevant field (e.g. environmental studies, international relations, political science, communication).
Fluency in both written and spoken English and French with excellent writing skills. Proficiency in other UN languages would be an advantage.
This is an unpaid position, therefore costs and arrangements for travel, visas, accommodation, and living expenses are the responsibilities of interns/trainees and their sponsoring institutions. A monthly lump-sum equivalent to 700 CHF is provided.
Interns/Trainees are not considered as staff members and shall not represent the Institute in any official capacity.
How to apply
Send your CV and motivation letter to email@example.com indicating “UN CC:Learn Internship/Traineeship” in the subject line.