Internship / Traineeship - Video Production
Project title, Programme: Communication and Information Technology Support Section (CITSS) at UNITAR
Title: Video Production Intern or Trainee (non-remunerated position)
Area of Specialization/Thematic Areas: Video Production
Duration of contract: 3 to 6 months
Deadline for applications: 31 October 2017
Overview (quick description of the project and its context)
The Communication and Information Technology Support Section (CITSS) oversees corporate communications at UNITAR. CITSS manages communication channels and products, in print, online and audiovisual. CITSS is responsible for internal and external communication as well as communication training.
One of CITSS current projects is the development and production of several “how to” videos for internal usage, but there might be other audiovisual projects staring in the next few months.
General Objectives of the Contract
To assist CITSS in developing and producing videos in English. The video intern will work together with CITSS in developing the script for the videos and then carry out the video production and post editing independently gaining experience in all phases of video production.
- To develop the script for the videos
- To prepare the production
- To coordinate the filming
- To edit and coordinate the post-production
- To apply knowledge and skills to a real-world video production from planning, conceptualizing, filming to post production
- To lean about internal communications tools
- To get to know the work of UNITAR and the United Nations
- To learn about collaboration and how to work with different departments and functions
- To gain experience in working in a multi-cultural and multi-ethnic environment
- 2 “how-to-videos” produced and delivered within an agreed timeframe.
Akiko PERONA, Chief - Communication and Information Technology Support Section (CITSS)
Applicants should be enrolled in a university-level institution in the field of multimedia production, visual communication or related field, or a recent graduate.
Required Skills or Knowledge in the following
- Good knowledge of the different phases of audiovisual production:
- Video Script Writing
- Shooting / production
- Post -production
- Good knowledge of video production programs and software (Adobe Premier Pro CC and/or Adobe After Effects, and others)
- English proficiency
- Knowledge of Office 365 tools and functionalities (an asset)
- Ability to apply creative thinking and problem solving
- Team player
Duration of contract
3 to 6 months
This is a non-remunerated position
General conditions of contracts for the service of Internship or Traineeship apply.
How to apply
Please send your curriculum vitae and a letter of motivation to firstname.lastname@example.org with a subject “Audiovisual Communication Internship/Traineeship Application”
Deadline for application
31 October 2017