How to apply to a UNITAR event
On the UNITAR Online Catalogue, you can view the entire spectrum of upcoming, current and past events, including training and training-related courses, workshops and seminars; briefings; conferences and public lectures; side events; and meetings. To view the details of an event, including the background, objectives, methodology, targeted audience and application/registration modalities, simply scroll over and click on the event title.
Public events – by registration are open to individuals from the targeted audiences and are based on a simple registration procedure. Such events may be organized on a fee-paying or a free-of-charge basis. How to register:
Public events – by application are open to individuals meeting specific target audience requirements and are based on an application and selection procedure. Such events may be organized on a fee-paying or a free-of-charge basis. How to apply:
Private events – by invitation only are reserved for a pre-determined group of participants. While the event is announced in the online catalogue for information purposes, no registrations or applications are possible.
Select and confirm event(s)
- Go to UNITAR Online Catalogue. Select an event by clicking on the event title. Read carefully the description of the event that you just selected, and see if you fit the target audience criteria.
- If the event fits your needs and you are eligible to take the event, click “Add to cart” button.
- After clicking on “Add to cart”, you may see other courses that might be of interest to you. You may add another event by clicking on the title of another event, which will take you to the event detail page.
- If you want to continue with the registration, click on “confirm your selection” link in the yellow text box, or View your shopping cart (shopping cart icon) link on the right top corner of the page.
- Then you will see a list of selected event(s). Click “Proceed to checkout” to go to the login screen.
- If you have already used UNITAR Online Catalogue before, enter your account username (email address) and password. Note: Username information provided (e.g. name, address, profile) will automatically be filled in on the registration (or application) page.
- If you do not have a username and password, click on the “Create New Account” tab. Enter all required fields and click on “Create new account” button ah the bottom of the page. Keep your username and password; they may be used again for future registrations.
- Once you re logged in, you will see your personal information. Click on shopping cart icon on the right top corner to see the list of items in your cart.
- Confirm your event and click again “Proceed to checkout”.
- If any selected events require payment, you will be required to enter billing information. Complete all required fields.
- You can choose “credit card” (Visa or Mastercard) or “bank transfer” as a payment method. Make sure to tick the box “I have READ and AGREED to General Conditions of Use, relating to the selected event(s) or course(s).” after reading the General Conditions of Use.
- If your selected events are all free-of-charge, you will not be directed to the billing page.
- If you choose “credit card” as a payment method, after billing information is submitted, you will be re-directed to a secured payment portal where you need to enter your credit card information. This is a secured website run by an external company and all the information you provide will be encrypted on this website. Once the payment is accepted, make sure to click on "Close" button on the left bottom corner of the payment screen, which will take you back to the UNITAR website to complete the registration. An automated email message will be sent to your email account confirming receipt of your registration and an invoice will also be sent to you for your file.
- If you choose “bank transfer” as a payment method, after billing information is submitted, a pre-confirmation message will appear which you may print. An automated email message will be sent to your email account confirming receipt of your registration and an invoice will also be sent to you, based on which you need to transfer the funds to UNITAR before the start of the course.
- You’re done! Make sure to note the invoice number for future inquiries.
Select and confirm event(s)
- Go to UNITAR Online Catalogue. Select an event by clicking on the event title. Read carefully the description of the event that you just selected, and see if you fit the target audience criteria. If the event fits your needs and you are eligible to take the event, click “Apply here” button.
- If you have already used UNITAR Online Catalogue before, enter your account username (email address) and password on the User login box on the left menu.
- If you do not have a username and password, click on “click here” link under “New to UNITAR?”. Enter all required fields and keep your username and password; they may be used again for future applications/registrations.
- Some events require you to submit documents. Use the document upload function to upload your documents.
- Complete the application form and click “Save”.
- An automated email message will be generated confirming receipt of the application.
Selection and notification
- Applicants will be notified by email on their selection status shortly after the application deadline.
- If the events require payment, an invoice will be sent with the selection notification.
- We only accept "bank transfer" as a payment method for events by application.
- Once payment is received, an automated email will be sent to confirm your place in the event that you applied for.