Natural resources management in post-conflict countries [PTP.2013.11E]
Durée de l'évènement:
Page d'accueil du programme:
Event focal point email:
Autres infos sur l'évènement:
The registration is closed
Deadline for registration: 10 Mars 2013
But(s) de l'évènement
- Describe how natural resources can contribute to or prolong conflict as well as undermine peace;
- Identify the principles for effective post-conflict natural resources management;
- Relate natural resources management to other post-conflict stabilization and state building interventions;
- Explain how peacekeeping missions can benefit from green technologies and practices for water, energy and waste.
Contenu et structure
- Module 1: From conflict to peacebuilding: the role of natural resources and the environment
- Module 2: Dealing with conflict resources: getting mandates, monitoring and management right
- Module 3: More effective community recovery programmes: capitalizing on natural resource opportunities
- Module 4: A lighter footprint: increasing the self-reliance and reducing the impact of peace operations
The average workload per week is estimated at 8 hours per week.
In order to facilitate collective knowledge construction and experience sharing among the participants, learners take part in active discussions with their peers.
Facilitators guide participants through this process, delivering and conveying information, clarifying doubts and supporting participants through different activities.
- Have a sound understanding of the structure and functioning of a peace operation;
- Have a university degree in a relevant area with proven interest in the topic covered by the course (BA or equivalent) or the equivalent working experience in a relevant field (2 to 4 years);
- Have good command of English language (reading and writing);
- Be computer literate.
- Platform: Windows 95, 98, 2000, NT, ME, XP or superior; MacOS 9 or MacOS X; Linux
- Hardware: 64 MB of RAM, 1 GB of free disk space
- Browser: Internet Explorer 7 or higher (click here to download for free); it works better with Firefox 3.6 or higher (click here to download for free)
- Public - Sur Inscription
- Public - Candidature
- Privé - sur Invitation
- Open to register/apply
- Face à face