Vacancy Announcement - E-Learning - Agenda 2030
Project title, Programme: Strategic Implementation of Agenda 2030 Unit, Division for Satellite Analysis and Applied Research
Deadline for applications: 20 August 2018
Duration of contract: 4 months full-time.
Starting date: As soon as possible.
Area of Specialization/Thematic Areas: E-learning, instructional design, online platforms, sustainable development
UNITAR is working to design the next generation of products and platforms to support the capacity development efforts at the country-level to mainstream, implement and monitor the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs).
The Strategic Implementation of Agenda 2030 Unit supports the cross-cutting implementation of the 2030 Agenda and the SDGs through face-to-face activities, e-learning, training toolkits, action planning tools and other learning products and services with a focus providing support to UN Member States on the mainstreaming of the SDGs into national plans and strategies, strengthening national review and M&E frameworks and promoting coherent and participatory approaches to policy-making for the achievement of the SDGs, as well as providing learning services to individuals.
General Objectives of the Contract
The incumbent will join the team developing the learning and delivering training on the 2030 Agenda and provide support to instructional design and the unit’s online component.
The incumbent will be involved in the development of new and update of the existing e-learning courses and training toolkits, in the improvement of pedagogical approaches applied by the Unit, in the administration of the e-learning courses and platforms, and in the development of new online platforms.
The incumbent will be responsible for the following:
- Supporting the development of the new and update of the existing e-learning courses and training toolkits in collaboration with other team members;
- Contributing to the strengthening of the pedagogical approaches used by the Unit;
- Administering e-learning platforms and e-learning courses in compliance with UNITAR’s Quality Assurance Framework and Institute’s M&E policy framework and carrying out related administrative and communication tasks and following up on outstanding issues;
- Contributing to the development of the concept notes for the new online courses;
- Supporting the development of new platforms;
- Supporting the follow-up with relevant partners on outstanding issues;
- Providing linguistic support for French when required for the toolkits, e-learning and other activities.
- Update of and administration of the delivery of 2 e-learning courses;
- Contributing as instructional designer to the development of 2-3 new-learning courses in direct collaboration with other team members;
- Inputs into the design of the toolkits and visual materials;
- List of recommendations on how to improve pedagogical approaches in the Unit’s e-learning, toolkits and face-to-face training activities;
- Analytical note with recommendations on the best options for online platforms;
- Inputs for concept notes on new e-learning courses and online platforms;
- Possible linguistic support for the finalization of the toolkit in French and piloting.
Performance indicators for evaluation of results
- High quality of learning and training products, incl. effectiveness, good structure and visual attractiveness;
- Well organized and smoothly run e-learning events and platforms;
- UNITAR’s standards applied consistently across different activities;
- Reporting and administrative timelines are met on time.
The individual contractor will be reporting to the Specialist, Strategic Implementation of Agenda 2030 Unit, Division for Satellite Analysis and Applied Research.
3 to 5 years of experience in pedagogy, instructional design, adult learning with a demonstrated interest in sustainable development, and a first or a second-level University degree in one of the following areas: education, communication, or other related area.
The incumbent should possess strong organizational, analytical and technical skills to support the online component delivery, have experience in pedagogy, adult learning and instructional design, working knowledge of MS Office package and computer skills to deal with e-Learning tools, and good team-working skills. A good knowledge of online knowledge and learning platforms is a definite advantage. Knowledge of software as Adobe InDesign, Adobe Illustrator, Adobe Premiere, Articulate Storyline, and familiarity with web 2.0 technologies, incl. online presentation, and animation tools, are an advantage. Knowledge in the area of sustainable development is an added advantage.
Fluent English is required. Fluency in French will be an advantage.
The remuneration will be paid in monthly instalments and depend on the selected candidate’s competences and experience.
How to apply
Please send your CV and cover letter to email@example.com before 20 August 2018.