LALIVE/UNITAR: Introduction to Investment Arbitration (2013a)
Durée de l'évènement:
Page d'accueil du programme:
Event focal point email:
Event focal point Contact Number:
Autres infos sur l'évènement:
The registration is closed
Deadline for registration: 4 Novembre 2013
Investment arbitration is possibly the fastest-developing area of international law, combining elements of private dispute settlement, treaty law and public policy.
Due to the widespread geographical participation of States in investment treaties and the increased use of arbitration to settle disputes involving significant amounts of money, understanding the particularities and dynamics of investment law and arbitration is becoming increasingly important.
After completing the course, participants should be able to:
- Recognise the distinctive characteristics of investment arbitration and compare those with commercial arbitration;
- Discuss and assess the salient procedural, jurisdictional and substantive features of investment arbitration;
- Apply the relevant law and principles in this area of international dispute resolution to issues and situations that may arise in their jurisdictions, whether on the State’s side or the investor’s side;
- Identify the place of investment arbitration in the development of international law and examine and analyse current and future trends and concerns; and
- Update their knowledge of the state of the law in the future.
Contenu et structure
The course is divided into four modules, covering the following topics:
- Module 1: Introduction and Procedure
- Module 2: Jurisdiction and admissibility
- Module 3: Substantive Protections
- Module 4: Award, enforcement and challenge
In order to ensure the best possible outreach, the course will be delivered through e-learning. Through a multiple-instructional setting, the goal is to achieve the learning objectives by means of learning technologies that match personal learning styles and by the inclusion of non-linear learning that aims at the development of just-in-time skills of adult learners. At the same time, in order to allow participants maximum flexibility of scheduling , the learning will be conducted in an asynchronous manner. Using a state-of-the-art training architecture, UNITAR will combine self-learning with assessments and online discussions. The pedagogy - adapted specifically to professionals in full-time work - will help train participants through various experiences: absorb (read); do (activity); interact (socialize); reflect (relate to one’s own reality).
The target audience for this course includes private sector professionals, country delegates and representatives, ministry and parliamentary officials, academics and researchers both in developing and developed countries.
A certificate of completion will be issued jointly by UNITAR and LALIVE to all participants who complete the course-related assignments and assessments successfully.
- Public - Sur Inscription
- Public - Candidature
- Privé - sur Invitation
- Open to register/apply
- Face à face
Toutes les langues