UNITAR co-sponsors APEC Forum through Hiroshima Office
3 December 2012, Hiroshima, Japan - On the strength of its long-running Series on Sea and Human Security, the UNITAR Hiroshima Office is co-sponsoring the Second Asia Pacific Economic Cooperation (APEC) Blue Economy Forum, being held in Tianjin, China, on December 6 - 7 2012.
Organized by the State Oceanic Administration of China, the Forum is co-sponsored also by:
- Ministry of Marine Affairs and Fisheries, Indonesia;
- Global Ocean Forum (GOF);
- Partnerships in Environmental Management for the Seas of East Asia (PEMSEA);
- Conservation International Foundation (CI);
- International Ocean Institute (IOI)
The theme of the session is Mobilizing to Address the Rio+20 Challenge of Achieving Blue Economy in the Context of Sustainable Development: APEC Vision on Blue Economy for Post-Rio+20 Period. UNITAR will be presenting upon the outcomes of the Sea and Human Securities Series to date, and how these serve to strengthen the foundation toward a Blue Economy.
- 1 of 176