Leadership and Personal Impact
Event focal point Contact Number:
The registration is closed
Дата окончания регистрации: 5 апреля 2013
Working in the UN – or indeed any large organization – creates social and institutional pressure that can result in self-limiting beliefs which in turn shape the way we behave, making us lose touch with our innate strengths, capacities, and even purpose. Creating a learning environment where participants get in touch with their unique passions and strengths will create a more powerful, fulfilled, and effective work-force.
This unique experiential workshop will allow participants to ‘take their lid off’, recognizing their personal leadership strengths, and developing the capacity to be effective in a wide-range of circumstances and environments. It will give participants the opportunity to build skills in communication, decision-making, personal impact and recognition of personal achievement in professional contexts. The workshop will build ‘soft skills’, aiming to strengthen participants’ capacities to overcome challenges in the work place and create the impact they want.
At the end of the workshop, the participants will be empowered to:
- Uncover, deepen, and build on their unique strengths and leadership style
- Identify and break through self-perceived limits, connecting deeply to their most alive, passionate and authentic self – their purpose, natural strengths, and talents
- Become aware of their impact on others (both intended and unintended) and learn to create a more powerful, positive and long-lasting impact within and outside their organizations
- Read their environment – both the spoken and unspoken - in order to create from every opportunity. They will be equipped to remain centred and creative in the face of conflict and disorder, freeing them up to be true agents of change, intentionally creating the impact they want to have on the world.
The workshop will also foster a network of peers and leaders who will grow and learn together - including once the training is completed.
Содержание и структура
This workshop will comprise of group exercises, discussions, indoor and outdoor activities as well as personalised feedback from the resource persons and other participants, to enhance the outcomes of the workshop in relation to the strengthening of ‘soft skills’.
The workshop will consider what tools are available to enhance one’s impact in the workplace, and how one may maximise effectively the motivation, values and interests of colleagues and team members so as to best achieve key outcomes and achievements at the team and organisational level.
The workshop is based on non-formal educational principles of experience-based and peer-to-peer learning. It requires participants to be fully present and willing to engage themselves in the activities as well as interact with the other participants.
The trainers are experienced practitioners, who have worked in the UN agencies and in the diplomatic sphere, and who have professional experience in delivering training on leadership and personal impact.
The workshop will bring together diplomats and government decision makers, applicants from international organisations, the UN and its agencies based in Geneva, and private sector participants.
The maximum number of participants for this workshop is 20. After registration, applicants who fulfil the requirements (please see target audience), will be contacted and requested to send a short paragraph describing their motivation for participating in the training.
Successful applicants will be informed as to their confirmed participation in the workshop by the 8th April.
Participants will be selected based on their motivation and reason for wanting to participate in the training (paragraph to be submitted to UNITAR by email after registration).
The workshop will take place on 18 - 19 April 2013 in Villa La Pelouse, Palais des Nations, from 9:30am – 4:30pm.
The workshop will be conducted in English
- Открытое мероприятие - по регистрации
- Открытое мероприятие - по заявке
- Закрытое мероприятие - по приглашению
- Можно зарегистрироваться/подать заявку
- На месте